Software/Firmware

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
HarryS
Software/Firmware

I have been reading this forum for the past year and have actively participated in many discussions. In fact the forum really persuaded me to ebcome an early adopter of this technology as well and to sink $10,000 into it. It appears clear that some of you out there are in possession of the software and can-bus device to read and reprogram the Vectrix software, yet most of us, even those who are technically pretty sophisticated do not.
I am hereby issuing a plea to please someone step up and allow those of us who wish to have the software to get a copy, and an idea which Canbus reader will work. While I understand that many of you felt beholden to the Vectrix company, and may have been dealers or service personal, Vectrix is no more. We buyers have been let down and robbed of our investment. I had the choice of buying either a used $5000 bike on Ebay or a new $10,000 with warranty from a dealer. I did the latter but now I am left to dry without servicing and no warranty. So I feel that all gloves are off and no one is bound to arrangements with vectrix that they may have had before. People with dead batteries can't even diagnose them without the software, and those who run the old firmware can't upgrade to the most recent one. That is unacceptable. Since Vectrix no longer exists, it is incumbent on you who have the software to allow those of us who invested in this dream project to at least have the tools to keept it working.
So please, provide us with a way to obtain the software, the October firmware release and a lead to the right can bus hardware.

R
R's picture
Re: Software/Firmware

Vectrix is no more. We buyers have been let down and robbed of our investment. I had the choice of buying either a used $5000 bike on Ebay or a new $10,000 with warranty from a dealer. I did the latter but now I am left to dry without servicing and no warranty.

To my knowledge vectrix is still "kickking" in Europe. Some old warraties are honored by the dealers (UK, spanish, ...). Where are you from?
By mid summer 2010 you'll be able to upgrade to lithium battery, your bike will be almost perfect with the new battery.
On the other hand there's a new SW from late 2009 but don't know if it is really worth upgrading, still waiting for more info about it.

HarryS

I am in the US and not very willing to hold my breath on promises. Anyone remember the centers-stand promises?? The likelihood of any future Vectrix entity supporting the existing US owners appears small in my judgement. The former dealerships I have talked to are quite upset and have all sold off their bikes at substantial losses. The store I bought my bike will not even consider any electric bikes in the future based on their experience. So you guys in Europe and particularly the UK are probably very lucky!

The Laird

HarryS,

I couldn't agree more. Contact me via the message system on the forum and I will give you what help I can.

The Laird

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage