Vectrix warranty fund claim procedure

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
marcopolo
Vectrix warranty fund claim procedure

I have just finished reading the warranty claim procedure laid down by the provisions of the US Federal Court (Delaware).

The procedure for individual owners is to claim through their dealer/distributor, who will then make the claim on the owners behalf. This procedure makes no allowance for owners whose dealers have ceased to exist, but does allow for UK Warranties to be honoured by Hesketh. This provision makes sense, because the distributor,VUK, was directly owned by Vectrix. How this will apply to US dealers is a different matter.

As for the rest of the world, it would appear that the definition is somewhat blurred, although some European distributors are still in existence, others are not. Australia is still in existence, although pretty much moribund and in the process of being merged into a larger organisation. Many smaller national distributors seem to have disappeared.

I have written to the official in charge of the Chapter 11, procedure for clarification and will post his/her reply when i receive clarification.

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Vectrix warranty fund claim procedure

I can't wait for the deadline to pass - for some peace of mind! For then it's finally over.

What a disgusting system: If you are in trouble because of an incompetent / slack / useless distributor, then you need to rely on just that distributor to forward your warranty claim!

And how about those distributors who might have gotten themselves into deep trouble by betting too much on Vectrix Corp.? Does anyone think they might be interested or able to find the time to administer / forward those warranty claims for their angry customers, amidst the struggle to fend off the debt collectors and the foreclosure agents for the family home?

Pah!

Maybe they will understand one day what "honoring" a warranty means!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage