Anyone Interested in a Scooter/MCycle Rating Survey On Forum?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
randalson
Anyone Interested in a Scooter/MCycle Rating Survey On Forum?

If the Admin approves, perhaps we could put together a survey of owners and get some ratings of the various brands and models. Anyone interested?

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: Anyone Interested in a Scooter/MCycle Rating Survey On ...

How would you like to put it together?

There is a 'poll' feature already on the site that allows you to ask questions & people vote on them.

More complicated voting can be implemented.

strawhistle

Hay, Sort of a consumers reports of V LaTeR

thank GOD I wake up above ground !!!!

Reid250

From this and your previous post, you seem to be looking for help with comparative test of the various makes available. Few of us have ridden more than 2-3 different scoots. There is a wealth of information available in the archives, but you have to figure out a search strategy and do a lot of reading. The other question is what the intended use of the scoot is? Some want to go 75mph and only need a 20 miles range. Other are happy to putt along at 30mph but need a 60 mile range. Your intended use will make many of the responses of other's, meaningless. There are 1000's of people happy with a 350/500W LSA GiO. They are flat-landers and the smaller they are, the happier they are. I tried the 500/800W GiO and found it totally useless, because of where I live.
I really think you will get far more from the archives than from responses to a survey.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Hay, Sort of a consumers reports of V LaTeR

Consumer Reports isn't based on surveying large number of people. It's based on experts conducting a series of tests & measurements, and being as objective as they can etc.

This happens to be something I've thought about quite a bit .. my thoughts are something like this:-

• We design a report format that supports writing an objective vehicle review
  • I program into this site that report format so that all someone has to do is do CREATE CONTENT / VEHICLE REVIEW then fill in the blanks
  • As a community of owners we can write reviews of our vehicle(s)
  • Goal is to be of service to other people who want to buy these kind of vehicles
  • We might be able to get cooperation with dealers to provide test/review vehicles, but this would mean giving some value back to the dealer such as a link to their website
Spaceangel

That would be a terrific idea if you can get into a fair amount of detail. Such as how much work does it take to keep up maintenance and repair of scooter. I haven't had to fix anything on my Vectrix but work weekly on my XM-2000, 3000, and 3100. for I can do it but the quality isn't there for a thing called reliability. It still is a nice scooter but......
If the price wasn't so good I would of never bought one or even as many as I did. I only found out about this site for I got a VX-1 when Vectrix was going south fast. The people on this site seem mainly to be from England area and Australia and few from North America. I sure would like to know all the problems that can arise.

KB1UKU

randalson

This happens to be something I've thought about quite a bit .. my thoughts are something like this:-

•We design a report format that supports writing an objective vehicle review
•I program into this site that report format so that all someone has to do is do CREATE CONTENT / VEHICLE REVIEW then fill in the blanks
•As a community of owners we can write reviews of our vehicle(s)
•Goal is to be of service to other people who want to buy these kind of vehicles
•We might be able to get cooperation with dealers to provide test/review vehicles, but this would mean giving some value back to the dealer such as a link to their website.

This sounds exactly like what I had in mind. I'm swamped for a couple days, but if you email me direct at randal (at) bmi.net we can brainstorm the format.

MikeB

There's already a list of electric scooters/motorcycles & customer ratings over at WikiPik.org:
http://www.wikipik.org/best-electric-motorcycles-mopeds-scooters-reviews/vc16

My electric vehicle: CuMoCo C130 scooter.

Reid250

MikeB

Thanks you for the URL

randalson

Nice. No point in reinventing the (scooter) wheel. Hey OWNERS: go to wikipik and rate your ride. Thanks, MikeB.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage