Earth Day Survey Reveals Top 10 Reasons Why People Don't Commute to Work on Bicycles

1 post / 0 new
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Earth Day Survey Reveals Top 10 Reasons Why People Don't Commute to Work on Bicycles

SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Douglas Schwartz, Founder of ELV Motors, Inc., conducted an informal survey at Silicon Valley companies during test rides of electric and hybrid bikes at Earth Day events. Below are the top 10 reasons workers gave for not riding bikes, and how the electric bike can overcome most of them.

1. I haven't ridden a bike in years.

Scientists have discovered that memory for motor skills returns quickly. If balance is a main concern, electric bikes make it easier to balance as forward motion is supplied by the motor.

2. I don't want to arrive to work sweaty.
Electric bike commuters can motor to work in office clothes without breaking a sweat. Save exercise for the way home by switching to manual mode.

3. I can't always take a bike on mass transit.

Most mass transit organizations allow folding bikes even during rush hour. Small bikes, like the VeloMini, may be allowed anytime.

4. I'm out of shape.

Most electric bikes are hybrids. Commuters can alternate between pedaling and motoring for the perfect workout.

5. It's dangerous to ride a bike.

Under the wrong conditions this is true compared to driving a car or SUV. Bicycle commuters can contact local municipalities regarding bike-friendly routes.

6. The weather is often bad where I live.

Good excuse. Riding in the rain or snow is not for everyone. Check the weather before leaving.

7. I have a big hill in my commute.

With a 350 watt motor or larger, riders can maneuver up any hill with minimum effort.

8. I have too far to ride.

Some bikes, like the Ultra Motor A2B, or some Currie bikes can go 40 miles without pedaling by adding a second battery.

9. I need to carry stuff to work.

Backpacks and panniers allow commuters to carry most items they'll need for the day.

10. My company does not offer an incentive.

Ask fellow workers if they're interested in bicycle commuting. Some electric bike dealers will extend fleet pricing to employees of companies.

About ELV Motors, Inc.

ELV Motors, Inc. was founded in 2008 with the mission of supplying "Fleet Certified" electric bicycles and scooters to consumers, companies, campuses and cities. For more information call 408 850-8191 visit www.elvmotors.com

Contact: Doug Schwartz, 408-605-3747, doug [at] elvmotors.com

This release was issued through The Xpress Press News Service, merging e-mail and satellite distribution technologies to reach business analysts and media outlets worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.XpressPress.com.

SOURCE ELV Motors, Inc

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07

Support V is for Voltage