Electra Motorsports RS go-kart

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
tchapin
Electra Motorsports RS go-kart

I snagged one of these this week.

These are the production karts used at electric go-kart tracks. Now if my sub was only black top instead of dirt..

:: 15 HP Series Wound Motor
:: Sevcon 0-400 Amp Controller
:: Four 12V 50AH AGM Batteries

Spec on the RS at
http://www.electramotorsports.com/rs.html

might be able to snagg another one or two. Any interest at $600 for a cart, 220v 60 fast charger?
Shoot me an email at tchapin at umich dot edu

Dauntless
Re: Electra Motorsports RS go-kart

Dang, it doesn't look like you can casually buy one of those, they seem only to sell to the indoor tracks. Suddenly I'm wanting that two seater with the body so I can try to make it street legal.

$600? Too bad you're 2,000 miles away, the shipping would kill me. Electra is less than 100 miles away.

WHo dares, WINS!!!!

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Yay for Tim. CuMoCo now has some "stress relief" vehicles. :-)

Haven't done the LiFEPO4 upgrade... yet...

BTW the ones we bought have an Alltrax controller.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

elecscooter

As with any kind of technology there have been rapid advancements in the making of go kart frames. Battery powered go karts are becoming fast favorites in terms of performance, safety standards and value. Electric karts have some distinctive benefits tacked on to them. When you choose an electric kart you dont have to be bothered with toxic fumes, heat, the threat of a fuel or oil leak and excessive noise. You can also use the kart in relative safety on an indoor track rather than braving bad weather and dangerous driving conditions outdoors.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

I might be selling between one and four of these karts real soon. (Space crunch :-( ).

Anyone interested? Email me at john -at- currentmotor -dot- com

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

TAILGATOR

SEND PICS TO VANSYCKLEW [at] YAHOO.COM THANKS WALT WHERE YOU LOCATED?

DON'T BLAME ME...I'VE GOT BUDHIMIZERS

tchapin

NOOOO John.... say it isn't so... i had to get rid of mine because it couldn't handle the dirt roads around my house. the kids weren't to happy about it. Man upgrade the packs to dump a bunch of weight and have some fun in the parking lot.

mikema

I have two RS Karts in Moline Illinois. Bought new around 2004. Less than 10 hrs on each kart. We were protyping a family entertainments center that never launched. Stored inside, charged and run a couple times a year. One battery probably bad on one of the karts. (1) 110V charger. If I don't get rid of them, I will probably donate to a local college. $500 for both karts and charger. mmalmstead [at] parakeetisland.com or (309)236-4916.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage