Vectrix parts up for grabs

48 posts / 0 new
Last post
Stanzeman
Vectrix parts up for grabs

Hello. After a small accident, my Vectrix got written off by the insurance.

One of my warehouse guys decided to take it appart.

I am keeping the electrics, suspension, wheels and brakes as spares for my newly purchased replacement

As far as everyhting else, I am happy to give it away against a £15 handling fee and shipping charges. I have very good shipping rates with TNT and I can ship worldwide.

Just let me know what you need and I'll send it out.

As I am doing this to help genuine Vectrix owners, I won't give the whole lot away to one person.

I hope this can help a few.

20130724_163145_resized_1.jpg20130823_102851_resized.jpg

Magendanz
Magendanz's picture
Re: Vectrix parts up for grabs

I'm desperately looking for a functional motor controller after it was damaged by arching on the posts, and have had the bike disassembled in my garage for over a month now waiting for a replacement part. I'll follow up via PM.

antiscab

I'm after a set of gauges - I'm building a MC test bench
so doesn't matter if they are cracked, as long as they work

How expensive is shipping to Australia?

also wouldn't mind getting hold of the wiring harness :D

motor controller after it was damaged by arching on the posts

If you haven't already, have a go at repairing it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNJuIynm1f4

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Stanzeman

Dear Antiscab,
As you can maybe see from the photos, the accident damaged mainly the dashboard so all the electronics that were there got destroyed. Dials, gauges and pcb. All was in pieces. Happy to help you with the wiring loom though. I'll pick up the shipping charges as your posts and videos have been most helpful to me and others! Send me a PM with your address.

Stanzeman

Dear Antiscab,
As you can maybe see from the photos, the accident damaged mainly the dashboard so all the electronics that were there got destroyed. Dials, gauges and pcb. All was in pieces. Happy to help you with the wiring loom though. I'll pick up the shipping charges as your posts and videos have been most helpful to me and others! Send me a PM with your address.

LithiumVectrix

Hi, I am interested in a headlight assembly. I would like it to fit one of the new automotive LED arrays.Once tested I could fit it to my bike. I am also in Australia

martinwinlow

I understand you are keeping the electrics for spares but can you spare any cells as I am planning a shake-out of my Vectrix to improve my poor (20 mile) range soon and will need an as yet unknown number of spares?

Regards, Martin Winlow
(Work in Enfield, live north east of Enfield)

Regards, Martin Winlow
Isle of Colonsay, Scotland
evalbum.com/2092

allanbairstow
allanbairstow's picture

Hi, is the top half of the plastic handlebar cowling still intact ? I would be interested in purchasing that from you.

Electric traction is the future.

heathyoung

I'm after the bits that secure the windscreen to the bodywork (ie small bits that the screws go through that spread the force across the windscreen) I can see that the screen has been smashed but are these OK? I also need the spacers as well.

To the user looking for the headlamp - I'm in Aus as well - where are you getting the LED headlamp modules from?

marylandbob

If the Vectrix MOTOR is available, I am interested! (I would like to make a TRIKE, with a long-range battery)

Robert M. Curry

1charan

Hello Stanzeman,

Do you have the spring that keeps the helmet compartment opened? Mine just bent the wrong way and I find it pretty inconvenient this way. I live in Krommenie, Netherlands. Please let me know how to pay you for this.

Thanks,

Charan

Galago

If the fork assembly is straight I would be interested in that but not
the whole frame..... are the forks and riser straight?? (bearings included)
((this would be the assembly from the point where the handle bars attach
down to where the front axle attaches.))
thanks - please pm me...
galago

Jonathanm

Hello there,
Do know if you would be interested in selling the temperature sensors? - I am in the middle of a lithium conversion helping a friend and this seems to be the culprit that is holding us up!

Thanks for letting me know.

Best regards,

Jonathan

israndy
israndy's picture

Hello Stanzeman,

Do you have the spring that keeps the helmet compartment opened? Mine just bent the wrong way and I find it pretty inconvenient this way. I live in Krommenie, Netherlands. Please let me know how to pay you for this.

Thanks,

Charan

Mentioned before, but if you unscrew the bottom screw on the spring in the seat compartment and rotated it 360 degrees and screw it back down (it will tell you which way it wants to go) sometimes that is all it needs. If the spring is now bent you can easily replace it, go to a marine outfitters, it's an incredibly common seat holder spring. Costs $5 here at West Marine, but maybe eBay has it if you live not near water, do humans live not near water? Seems they always collect where ever water collects.

Is the kill switch still available? Mine is showing it's age along with the right brake handle. Have to push it away before I can grab it to start the bike anymore. Dealer replaced the brake fluid but no change.

-Randy

Stanzeman

Hello everyone
Sorry for the long silence but I was on holiday.
Here are a few answers:
Spring for the seat: Mine was dead so I can't help you there. Indeed, a new one is pretty easy to find and affordable.
Temperature sensors: No probs. Send me a private message so we can sort it out.
Batteries: For the moment, I am keeping it as I want to see how my replacement Vectrix is doing battery wise before getting rid of the old one.
Motor: OK but haven't managed to remove the swingarm from the frame. A gigantic flat head screwdriver type toll is needed and I haven't figured that part out yet.
Frame: OK once I would have removed the fork assembly and the swingarm... please PM
motor: Wanted to keep it to build a buggy but probably will never have the time! Please PM
plastic handlebar cowling: I think it has been damaged but will check Monday
Fork assembly: It's OK but obviously can't guarantee 100%. I don't have a large enough spanner to remove it. Might need a bit of financial support to get the right tool for removal

Stanzeman

Kill switch: No probs. send a PM

Pedelecman

Judging by the comments here I thought everyone might like to know I too have Vectrix spares available for sale - two VX-1's stripped to chassis (available with registration documents) so all parts available including rare pig-tail charger, latest revision motor controller! I have a complete (unregistered) VX-1 that will need battery pack checked out - possible cell disfunction / sensor fault. Happy to co-operate with packing & shipping worldwide, but at your expense!

...some of us know what's going on!

Steev
Steev's picture

I am the proud new owner of a Vectrix with a totally discharged battery (it sat untouched for several years).

I'm hoping to recondition the pack, but am totally new to NiMH and reading lots of old posts on this forum to get a bit less ignorant.

I expect I'll need some replacement cells at some point. Can you give me a few weeks?

SteveS. 2008 MG Midget lithium conversion => 2011 Think City => 2007 Vectrix => 2015 Tesla 90D

LithiumVectrix

You can build a simple charger to resurrect this flat battery while in the bike. I would build a charger using a transformer with a 110 volt output rated at 100 - 200 watts. A bridge rectifier rated at 600 volts and 5 - 10 amps is connected. Then output wires with red and black crocodile clips to connect to the battery. The battery will be charged at 0.8 - 1.5 amps using this charger which is the same as the equalisation charge in the Vectrix. This battery would be charged for 48 - 72 hours. The bike can now be ridden at low power until flat by riding round the block many times until time to ride it home. You can now plug the Vectrix in as normal and use the inbuilt charger. The condition of the battery is likely to be poor as the bike was left in the shed for a reason. These NiMh battery age slowly when left without use and do come back to life.
The charger is usefull to keep. It can be used to charge your Vectrix safely in the future. Fit a socket somewhere discreet on your bike and wire it with a 5 amp fuse to the battery. Fit a plug to the charger output lead. This charger can be used with Vectrix and will extend the battery life. The disadvantages are that it takes 2 days to charge and the battery guage will show empty all the time.
You can use the Vectrix internal charger and get longer battery life if you fit the updated NiMh software written by the Laird. His posts are a thread on this site.
Cell testing and replacement is possible and is described on another thread.

Steev
Steev's picture

Thanks for the detailed description! I'll try to build one of these if I decide not to dismantle the pack.
> The disadvantages are that ... the battery guage will show empty all the time.
I assume you mean the gauge won't work while charging; if there's some other issue please describe.

SteveS. 2008 MG Midget lithium conversion => 2011 Think City => 2007 Vectrix => 2015 Tesla 90D

martinwinlow

Hi Steve - He means that the bikes sensing electronics are 'out of the loop' and so will not notice what is going on with the battery when you are using the home made charger. MW

Regards, Martin Winlow
Isle of Colonsay, Scotland
evalbum.com/2092

Scotter
Scotter's picture

I would love to get the following:

handle bar (just the metal internal bar is fine, I don't need the plastics).
Chassis
Forks
Rubber foot pads.
Brakes

But sadly, I'm in Seattle.

If anyone happens to have a spare charger...

--Scotter and his scooter
2007 Vectrix VX-1 Maroon
2007 Vectrix VX-1 Silver
2008 Vectrix VX-1 Blue
2008 Vectrix VX-1 Silver
Other EV projects in the works

antiscab

I have a spare ESD charger

I'm PM you

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

alenagilchrist

I know you posted this over 1 year ago, but thought I'd give it a chance. I'm looking for a front left (from sitting) plastic turn signal light cover (orange). Mine is a 2009 and I believe your bike has the same body design.

If you get this, please let me know if you might have that part. Geez - sorry about the total. Hope you're enjoying the replacement bike.

Stanzeman

Hello,

Sorry but I am keeping those indicators just in case I brake one of them...

R
R's picture

Hi, I'm looking for the entire wire system, with the special plugs. Do you still have them?

JDi

Would anyone reading this happen to have the following parts for a 2007 VX-1?

* headlight assembly
* louvers to the left and right of the headlight
* left and right turn signal/louver supports. these are attached to the back side of the front fairings.

MEroller
MEroller's picture

Sounds like you had a head-on collision or bought a VX-1 with such a pedigree...

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

R
R's picture

Ask Jesnar 2011 http://www.jesnar2011.es/, or Fuelfreemotors. They have plenty parts.

Cosmictech
Cosmictech's picture

Hello there, I just purchased a 2008 Vectrix, shipped from CO to MI and the shipper broke the passenger grab rail (don't know correct name). Do you happen to have that part still? (What I really need is the luggage rack to use with a large topbox I had on my XM-3500 scooter.)

All for now, Cosmictech

Galago

I have one of the passenger hand-hold/grab rails, it is used
but it is in really good condition.
If you want it pm me and we can work out the details.
Galago

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage