Vectrix Trickle Charger

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
roverrob
Vectrix Trickle Charger

Does anyone know where I can borrow, buy or rent a Vectrix trickle charger? My battery pack is dead and I need to get it charged up enough for the 0n-board charger to take over. I live in Maine and will be happy to pay for any shipping charges. Thanks.

Steve

israndy
israndy's picture
Re: Vectrix Trickle Charger

I have been dealing with a similar issue recently, you may want to check out the thread:

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/14055-multiple-vectrix

or

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/12650-topping-charging-300ma-ebay-led-powe-supply

-Randy

roverrob

Thanks, Randy, for your reply. My problem is that I am a complete novice when it comes to electronics. I don't have a lot of confidence in my ability to perform some of the procedures described in those threads nor do I fully understand the jargon. I am concerned about damaging the scooter or myself. My mechanical knowledge is pretty good having rebuilt engines and performed many repairs on conventional ICE vehicles. I could probably recharge my scooters battery packs if someone could walk me through the entire procedure preferably with photos or diagrams and comprehensive descriptions of the equipment required. Maybe someone out there will have the time and patience to help me out. Thanks again.
Steve

israndy
israndy's picture

There are certainly a lot of photographs on the first thread http://visforvoltage.org/forum/14055-multiple-vectrix#comment-75166

It sucks not having service for the Vectrix. Perhaps the is an electric car club near you, or another forum member. Lots of people just sell their bike when they cannot bring it back to life. That's where I got my spare bike. I am in Alameda California if that helps you.

Good luck

-Randy

roverrob

Unfortunately, I'm clear on the other side of the continent in Portland, Maine. It was great when Vectrix was in existence. If I had a problem, I could just trailer my scooter down to the facility in Mass. for service. I was caught totally by surprise when they closed up shop. Thanks again. I'll see if I can find some other avenue to pursue.

Riverfurm
Riverfurm's picture

Riverfurm
Washington Crossing Pa.
Along the Delaware River

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002