ICM revision ICM2015_rv3.hex

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
framuga
ICM revision ICM2015_rv3.hex

Hello everyone.
I added some new capabilities to our Vectrix modifying the ICM.hex
This new revision has:
* Reduced time to activation Cruise Contro less than a second. Just hold down the burst of high beam.
* Intermittent warning is activated when reverse gear bike.
* It eliminates flicker in the top box when the lamp beam is changed by an LED lamp.
* Disabling dle Cruise Control by activating any of the left, right and regenerative brakes. Also you disconnect is sounded when the Horm.
The hex file can be found in
http://www.casacota.cat/voltforum
Enjoy it
A greeting

hybride
Re: ICM revision ICM2015_rv3.hex

File also to get in The Laird team's download box: https://app.box.com/files/0/f/4116909959/ICM-Software

jasmim

Great work! Thanks!

Vectrix Vx1 Li+ 60Ah

Bikemad
Bikemad's picture

File also to get in The Laird team's download box: https://app.box.com/files/0/f/4116909959/ICM-Software

That link didn't work for me as I don't have a Box account, but this one works: ICM-Software Folder

Alan

framuga

ah I forget other changes that I incorporated in that revision. being with the active cruise control, if we accelerate the speed rises. if we release throttle back to the previous state of cruise control

Aircon

Hello everyone.
I added some new capabilities to our Vectrix modifying the ICM.hex
This new revision has:
* Reduced time to activation Cruise Contro less than a second. Just hold down the burst of high beam.
* Intermittent warning is activated when reverse gear bike.
* It eliminates flicker in the top box when the lamp beam is changed by an LED lamp.
* Disabling dle Cruise Control by activating any of the left, right and regenerative brakes. Also you disconnect is sounded when the Horm.
The hex file can be found in
http://www.casacota.cat/voltforum
Enjoy it
A greeting

Hi. Thanks for that. I installed this. I noticed the horn loses the chirp...what else does this change apart from what you've noted?

I have an LED headlight. Low beam (green light) doesn't flash, but high beam (blue light) flashes.

framuga

Aircon, is right is not removed checking the high beam LED. In the next review I delete. As for the horn, it is true that does not sound when the lights are lit more than 15 seconds.
I hope soon to change the LED beam. Thanks for the report.

Aircon

Aircon, is right is not removed checking the high beam LED. In the next review I delete. As for the horn, it is true that does not sound when the lights are lit more than 15 seconds.
I hope soon to change the LED beam. Thanks for the report.

And thanks for your good work. I used the cruise control tonight....obviously I wish it could maintain speed up and down hills, but even so, it's actually quite handy.

Thanks again.

Jonathanm

Framuga - thank you so much for all your efforts - I'm sure it is very much appreciated by the whole Vectrix community....just a thought - any chance that the warning (hazard) lights can be modified without having to use the high beam?

Again many thanks for all your work!

Jonathan

Aircon

Where can I find what this file is capable of, and the instructions for use?

So far, I have a non flashing green light, instant horn, a cruise control and 4 way flashers in reverse. Is there more?

Jonathanm

Just to answer my own question, with the bike on the centre stand - you need to use the high beam switch to activate the warning (hazard) lights (with left brake and left or right indicator) but you can switch back to low beam and they continue to work. This is what I was after!!! Thank you very much - have not tried the "auto throttle" as yet...later today

hybride

Outstanding work Fran!

Throttle hold with 'acceleration memory' works very well. Also Nice that the activation time is shorter now. More driving fun.

My VX-1 seems to react more smooth on throttle change with this ICM? Imagination?

framuga

I'm glad you like the changes. Thank you. I have not touched the rate of acceleration is the sensation of driving with the cruise control.
Best regard

heathyoung

Is it possible to change the rate of acceleration off from a stop? Or is this limited by Phase current?

I'm considering a larger (450A vs 300A) IGBT module and was wondering.

framuga

In order to change the rate of acceleration is needed touch MC code.It affects multiple systems and discharge capacity of the batteries of each bike. There is nothing trivial change the IGBT modules.

heathyoung

Tell me about it.

The package difference between the PM300CLA060 and PM450CLA060 is considerable. It requires milling down of a support on the heatsink, extending the wires off the phase outputs due to A and C phases being swapped compared to the other module, and fabricating a laminated busbar for the N/P connections as they are now distributed along the module vs the single connections of the PM300 module. There also needs to be some thought put forward to distributing some capacitance across the busbar as well - probably using film based snubber capacitors.

The control pins are also differently located and in different order, so this also requires a custom PCB to interface with the motor controller.

I considered scaling the output of the LEM200 current sensors, and then thought to use LEM300 sensors, which should give another 50% more current - only thoughts was the regen current could be a bit savage.

The leaf modules should be able to take the increased current draw, and the PM450CLA shares the same pinouts as the PM600CLA so the truly deranged could double the current. Not sure what that would do to the gearbox.

Double the phase current would be 'ludicrous' mode for a vectrix. Its a long wheelbase so I doubt it would lift the front wheel, but could be pushing the limits of rear tyre traction at 550A@130V (~72Kw).

Considering the module cost ($1200 or so) its not for the feint of wallet either.

R
R's picture

Heathyoung,in my opinion you want to build the second generation of vectrix that unfortunately was never build. However, BMW took the vectrix concept, and mixed it up with his scooter experience. The result, the c evolution, in terms of road behaviour, power and acceleration, braking, is that 2nd vectrix generation. Just Test it. And but it!

zeuz

Heathyoung,in my opinion you want to build the second generation of vectrix that unfortunately was never build. However, BMW took the vectrix concept, and mixed it up with his scooter experience. The result, the c evolution, in terms of road behaviour, power and acceleration, braking, is that 2nd vectrix generation. Just Test it. And but it!

In Portugal there is one selling for less than 10.000€ (BMW official dealer).

In Spain I've seen many at about 12.000€ or less.

No doubt that a VX-1 could reach those values, with a nice setup (SW + FW + batteries)...

zeuz

Hola!
Gràcies pel seu treball!

I noticed that when reversing, the warning lights light-up, but the reverse indicator light does not.

framuga

it's strange. when reverse is activated behind the flashing light and reverse light. Soon a new review with news.

zeuz

Hurray! :D

framuga

I sen New revisión of ICM, ICM2016_rv1. Un voltforum. You can use it whit precaution. Enjoy

hybride
cuttysark76

Hello,
Whoever install it please review it!
Keep the good work! Thanks!

framuga

errors have been reported in version CANBUS for MC1014b. yellow key is turned ON. installation on motorcycles is not recommended with this firmware version of the MC. it would be interesting to know your experiences with this beta

RaDy
RaDy's picture

Hi Fran, unfortunately i had that error with the Canbus but thanks for your excellent work anyway, will wait for any future revisions.
Saludos

R
R's picture

I am using Original firmware MC1014B, which allows discharge to 102v, with LION 60Ah from leaf38s online box, without errors.
The Vectrix which reported error was using MC 70-130-150 for 38s from online box.
Interestingly, the fan of that vectrix makes noise when the "go" is activated": it is a mistery!: Different fan speed is reported when the "go" is triggered, with almost same MC 104b firmware versions.

Do you have a version of MC1014b installed? When you activate the "go", can you hear the MC fan spinning?

I suggested Fran to build a stable ICM version for these Vectrix reporting canbus errors. Also, this version would not interfere the can signal of Prensels magic box.

You are doing a great job for the Vectrix Community, Thank you Fran!

framuga

Hi all. Thank you for your words.
I'm trying to understand, why this instability to some versions of the firmware o hardware MC occurs.
It would be useful to all those who cause them yellow key, inform the MC firmware version. Yet we know if there are any different version hardware is causing these blockages.
The solution to the yellow key is to reinstall the stable version 2015_rv3.
Thanks to all.

framuga

This thread jumps to the new revision ICM2016_rv4
http://visforvoltage.org/forum/14181-icm-revision-icm2016rv4

zeuz

Hola!
Gràcies pel seu treball!

I noticed that when reversing, the warning lights light-up, but the reverse indicator light does not.

it's strange. when reverse is activated behind the flashing light and reverse light. Soon a new review with news.

Hola!

I discovered when this happens.

I always ride with the debug mode activated ( I own a Li+ ), hence before turning the switch on I always briefly press the left brake to activate it.
In this mode, when reversing, the warning lights light-up, but not the reverse indicator.

If I do not activate the debug mode, then when I reverse the warning lights light-up and also the reverse indicator.

So, this bug only happens when the debug mode is active.

framuga

indeed the reverse signal on the scoreboard does not look with debug mode enabled. for some reason in this mode reverse signal is not sent to the CAN bus. I will try to correct this bug in the next revision. thanks for the input Zeus

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage