VX1 Charger, ICM and MC software package download

50 posts / 0 new
Last post
R
R's picture
Re: VX1 Charger, ICM and MC software package download

The MAX BUS VOLTAGE in configurator can affect the regen power. However it is limited to 170V max right now to protect the MC.

Every message I read from you I discover new things!
Wow! The MC can handle 170V? I thought the Vicor DC-DC was limited to 150V max. May be possible to use 40S leaf configuration with your firmware?

X Vectrix

Old or new, they all have the same motors, and its ugly when the magnets come off.

R
R's picture

Hello, David now is ignoring my comments for some reason (I'm not Framuga!).
It may be a good idea if anybody in this forum can forward him my comments.
In my opinion, it is a pity they remain unanswered. As a friend usually says, keep smiling...

Aircon

Aircon
What is your cell configuration? The MAX BUS VOLTAGE in configurator can affect the regen power. However it is limited to 170V max right now to protect the MC.

The settings are correct, David, (35 cells and 147v but I've left the max bus voltage at 160v) it's just that one time I use regen it's fine, but the next time I use it it's weak and I've found no rhyme or reason as to why. It just seems inconsistent. Also, compared to the original, it doesn't come in as aggressively as it used to, even when it's working to the max. That is, if I move the throttle all the way forward, the regen seems to 'build up' rather than be fully on. While that's happening, a lot of ground is covered and it's a bit disconcerting.

X Vectrix

Aircon
I have not seen any flakiness in regen on my bikes, its always consistent and strong.
What kind of cells are you using?
The only difference between this SW and old Nickle SW is that the regen current is limited to 100A, but it still should be pretty strong.
Im wondering if maybe the voltage is jumping up quickly on your cells during regen. Try bumping the max voltage to 170 in Configurator. (This affects only the allowed regen voltage not the max charge voltage)

X Vectrix

R
Haha...No not ignoring. Just wanted to find data sheet for DC/DC. Dont remember max input voltage off the top of my head.

Aircon

Aircon
I have not seen any flakiness in regen on my bikes, its always consistent and strong.
What kind of cells are you using?
The only difference between this SW and old Nickle SW is that the regen current is limited to 100A, but it still should be pretty strong.
Im wondering if maybe the voltage is jumping up quickly on your cells during regen. Try bumping the max voltage to 170 in Configurator. (This affects only the allowed regen voltage not the max charge voltage)

Ok I'll try it, but I don't think it's a voltage thing as it will happen anywhere from full to low charge. They're li batteries of some kind...not sure exactly. Sometimes, esp at low speed, there is practically no regen at all! Other times I'll be barrelling towards the back of a queue of cars with the throttle planted full forward feeling the regen get stronger and stronger hoping that it kicks in fully so that I don't have to use the disc brakes.

It was enough to put me back onto the antiquated Laird software that he wrote for me when the conversion was first done using the old MC firmware. So no cruise control for me!

X Vectrix

Aircon
You definitely have something else going on. Were you using all 3 (ICM/Charger/MC) that I posted?
If you try the higher voltage setting, put the left display in current and voltage mode...kill sw off, tap left brake. Then take note of the current and voltage during regen.

framuga

Maximum mechanical speed of the engine 5500 rpm. From that speed the physical integrity of the engine is in danger, aprox 110 km/h.
Motor operates within a range of 92 to 149 VDC. Above these values, for example leaf with 19 cells motor winding insulation may be suffering in the long term.
DCDC
http://www.vicorpower.com/documents/family_overviews/brick/fo-VI-200-VE-200.pdf
DCDC Reference, VE-251-01
According to the datasheet it withstands a range of voltages between 100 and 200Volts

Aircon

Aircon
You definitely have something else going on. Were you using all 3 (ICM/Charger/MC) that I posted?
If you try the higher voltage setting, put the left display in current and voltage mode...kill sw off, tap left brake. Then take note of the current and voltage during regen.

ok...I'll report back.

R
R's picture

R Haha...No not ignoring.

yeah, this is a relief!

The DCDC is a Vicor VE-251-01 DC-DC Converter Module 150 VDC 200 Watts to 12 VDC 150 Watts.
It is available in ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vicor-VE-251-01-DC-DC-Converter-Module-150-VDC-200-Watts-to-12-VDC-150-Watts-/122027042449?hash=item1c69...
s-l1600.jpg
According to:
http://cdn.vicorpower.com/documents/datasheets/ds_vi-200.pdf

251 InputVoltageNom. (Range) 150V (100 – 200V)
So the DCDC can tolerate voltage over 160V?

boeingpilot

It was programmed with X-Vectrix. However, the failure appears to be in the AC power side. I could still communicate with the charger over the CANBUS, just couldn't get it to power up.

Typical ESD failure.

2015 Tesla S90D
2009 Vectrix VX-1 Leaf Conversion
1983 Lambretta Lynx
1980 Vespa P200
2013 VW Jetta Hybrid (gone....)

R
R's picture

the failure appears to be in the AC power side. I could still communicate with the charger over the CANBUS, just couldn't get it to power up.

Exactly same problem in my ESD, CPU OK, but AC fried.
There are 6 ESD hardware versions, the older ones cannot tolerate output below 3 Amps. David's firmware starts charging at 1,5 Amps and slowly increases power, this may cause ESD failure.
Vicens

I'm testing the firmware.

I have a nikel.

The regenerative brake is weak. After a few seconds it slows downs a lite more. It is uncomfortable. It is better if you keep braking contact. And do increase after a few seconds. Can you improve it?

The cruise control works well.

Being able to select the charging power is very useful. The charging power is not real. If you select 1500w. Charge at constant current at 10A. At the beginning of charge is 120v 10A 1200w. At the end of the charge are 146v 10A 1460w. In no time the power le charge reaches 1500w.

Can you do any of these things with the charger?

That carriles the power constanste to 1500w. Until you reaches the set voltaje.

Increase the power of the charger to 1900w for faster chargers. Or change the constant current to a maximum of 13A.

MEroller
MEroller's picture

Vicens, battery charging is not controlled by the power. In the the first charging stage the charging current into the battery is kept constant, thus this stage is called Constant Current or CC stage. Naturally battery voltage creeps up while charging is ongoing, and as charging power is determined by current x voltage (like you already wrote...), so does the charging power creep upwards during the CC phase. The 1500W are thus only reached at the end of the CC phase.
After that ususally the battery voltage is kept constant, thus it is called the CV phase. As the battery voltage still increases during that charging phase the current is regulated down to bring the battery voltage back to the prescribed max voltage. So the current tapers off until charging is ended when the current falls below a certain threshold. And charging power tapers off likewise at the end.

If you would change the guiding value from constant current to constant power you would start with a high charging current which would then taper down with rising battery voltage. For whatever reasons however constant current has been deemed a more healthy approach to battery life than charging with constant power...

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

Vicens

The dougas firmware has a defect. I do not recommend the installation.

After installing the firmware. And after setting it up.
Charging the battery the first time charging starts. At half load. Or after charging is finished the charger is damaged.

The next charging shows "no out" and the charger does not start. At that time a resistance was fused. A diode is short-circuited. Inside the charger. If resistance is replaced and diode the same fault appears after the first recharge again.

If you delete the dougas firmware completely. And the origuinal firmware of 1000 and 1500w is set. The charged will not break.

My vectrix is ​​2010 and has evps v21 charger.

X Vectrix

I agree, it sucks.
Try the Dugas SW, its alot better.

R
R's picture

I agree, it sucks.

Funny, you have time to splatter idiot comments. Sure you have time to solve the disastrous bugs on your firmware, or at least answer this dam question:
Dear X-vectrix "Dugas", any idea why your dangerous firmware is also an EVPS killer????
Vicens

I agree, it sucks.

Dougas is a failure of the translator.
Its firmware dugas. Is the one who has the problem.

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage