in the rain

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
jameshunt
in the rain

hi
have a x-tream 600 does anyone know if this bike is good in the rain or does it cause probles with the electrics at the moment i am really happy with the bike i get about 25 miles on a full set of batterys and i get 25 miles an hour

win32forth
win32forth's picture
Re: in the rain

Welcome James,

I also have an XB-600 with about 200+ miles on it, and I would not drive it in the rain, unless I had to. The controller is reasonably well insulated, but all the wiring connectors are mostly the push together tubular type, used on motorcycles in the 70's, but not as high quality. In other words they are not water proof, and will corrode in a wet or moist environment. It probably won't short out, but it is risky.

Congrats on the performance, I have upgraded mine to 60 volts and the shunt mod, and it runs pretty good now, even on my minor hills.

Tom

jameshunt

hi tom
how easy is it to upgrade to 60volts and thanks for the info about not rideing in the rain
james

sixpax2k9

Its not very hard... I JUST got my xb-600 yesterday. I havent had a chance yet to mod it but it is not very hard... Here are some links to the 60V and Shunt mods....

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/3534-30-mph-xtreme-xb-600-60v-modification-instructions

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/3990-xb600-quotshunt-modquot-instructions

Good luck!!!!

Dave

Dave ; Tennessee
XB-600.

captainslug
captainslug's picture

I've ridden mine in the rain all the time.
The only point of concern is the connectors that are above the rear wheel well will need to be weather-proofed to prevent them from shorting. I did this by covering them with a tupperware container that I cut wire slots into.

Also keep in mind that the tires do not get very good wet traction, so give yourself more room for braking and take wider turns.

Going up to 60 volts is as easy as just adding a fifth 20ah battery, and buying a replacement charger.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage