Spare key?

16 replies [Last post]
Infinite

I Vectrix out of Chapter 11? I noticed the other day that the site was back online... I've been so busy at work that I haven't noticed. I just pray every trip I make that my main fuse doesn't blow again.

Anyway... my real question is does anyone know how I can get a spare key made? I purchase my Vectrix used and dealer only had one of the keys. They were supposed to try and get me the other one but no luck. I wanted to have a spare key made because if I were were to be unlucky and lock my key in the trunk I would be totally screwed. For safetly I never take the key out of the ignition until I have my helmet and gloved in the back and it's closed. Then I take out my keys.

-I

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
R
R's picture
Re: Spare key?

The italian key manufacturer SILCA ITALY does replacements.
Type of key ZD23RCP

have a look at the pictures of my replacement key, it works great:

http://www.voltforum.cat/voltforum/YaBB.pl?num=1257240957/0#1

snail

Infinite wrote:

I wanted to have a spare key made because if I were were to be unlucky and lock my key in the trunk I would be totally screwed.

Infinite, don't worry. It's very easy to break into the trunk - just have a look at the release mechanism when the seat's open. You can get in with a well aimed screwdriver... I've had to do this twice. The first time I dismantled the whole of the rear end (it took half an hour and much cursing), the second time was less than 10 seconds.

Cheers,

Brian

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture

Should that last bit of information really be on a public forum?

R
R's picture

I completely agree.. should it be public this information?

turok
turok's picture

I'm glad to know there is a simple solution if my trunk locks with my keys in it, so I believe it should be public.
and if you don't own a Vectrix, you can't figure out how it's done anyway :-)
99.95% of the people who could steal a car or bike wouldn't be able to get away with ours either, I like that idea too:-)
seriously,
maybe it wouldn't hurt to change the post to "information via mail"..

"doing nothin = doing nothing wrong" is invalid when the subject is environment

Mad One

Hi, Can I just say that if you have a key now take it to a lock Smith and as long as their computer is up to date they will be able to cut you an extra key. I have taken many to my local lock Smith for customers without any problems. Normally costs about £8.00 per key.

Regards
Amanda

Former Office Manager for Vectrix Europe

snail

myvectrix2008 wrote:

Should that last bit of information really be on a public forum?

I can't see the problem - if you're a criminal, you already know how easy it is to break into a car / bike / house / whatever. If you're the owner of a Vectrix with your key locked in the trunk any help is better than the blind panic I had when I did it. Lighten up guys!

Mik
Mik's picture

This thread has been added to the Vectrix Collaborative Handbook, please stay on topic!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

augchar

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone knows where I could get my spare key if I'm in the United States.
Thanks.

kevin smith
kevin smith's picture

Simple.
Bring your old Vectrix key to the nearest key cutting shop.
And get a key cut mine cost £5 Simple..
kev

Spaceangel

Type of key ZD23RCP can be got at any qualified lock smith and out locksmith order a set of key from a major supplier in NJ. I got a small hand full of keys as yes they are rare.
Rusty

jeGra Project
http://home.comcast.net/~russell239/
Rusty

augchar

I will try that Rusty, thanks a lot!

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture

I have attached a piece of string to the buddy seat locking mechanism and leave this hanging out underneath my seat.
Reason:
I have been driving in temperatures below 0C the last month(-10C yesterday!) and the cable between the lock and the main keyswitch will freeze solid and you will not be able to open your buddy seat!
I can now just pull the string to unlock and open the buddy seat.

File under: Winter preperation :-)

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

tomilv

ilco has a blank that matches the Vectrix blank. The markings on the ilco key I had made for my Vectrix has the following markings on it:
X270 and TMC1. I believe the blank number is X270.

Drew
Drew's picture

I had spares cut just recently - this one has the markings JMA on one side and ZA 9P1 on the other. I think they came from the company (Googling, hold on...) Ah, yes... found it. SKS and the key type you need is this one Vectrix Spare Key Blank

Best wishes,

Drew

BDI Drew

Bikemad
Bikemad's picture

I've just had a ZA 9P1 key cut for mine and it works fine:
ZA 9P1

Here are some alternative manufacturer references listed on sks.co.uk:

Silca : ZD 24RDP
HD : ZD24RDP
HD Hook : XPT066
Ilco : ZAD20P
Errebi : ZA19RP144
CB Hook : P362

I hope this information is helpful.

Alan

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Motenergy ME-0907 Brushless DC Permanent Magnet Motor 3-Phase Permanent Magnet Brushless Motor equivalent to the ETEK
eZip 500 Electric Scooter The E-500 electric scooter is ideal for speedy neighborhood transportation, or simply having some fun cruising around the block.
Customize This