Schwinn Stealth ST1000 pics and update

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
bigj
Schwinn Stealth ST1000 pics and update

Hi all,

Returning member from the previous website. I had posted several times with pictures when I picked up the (then new) Schwinn Stealth ST1000 one year ago. Note that the pictures are of the 2006 model, I understand that the 2007 has some differences. Click picture for gallery, be patient it may be slow:

Now here's the update:

The scooter stopped working about 3 months ago. I hadn't the time to work on it, so it sat for that long until last week. I opened the battery bay and disconnected the handbrake safety switch connector. That's a switch in the left handbrake that prevents power to the motor if you squeeze the brake. The microswitch had gotten stuck in the cutoff postion, so i left it unplugged and it ran fine after that.

Unfortunately, on the second ride after I fixed, polished and cleaned the scooter, one of the drive gear's teeth broke off. It still goes, but with a loud clanking sound once per revolution of the rear wheel.

Anyone ever ordered the unique motor/gearbox unit from currie? Do they sell just the gears? If it's going to be too costly I may just invest in a strong frame bike and put a Crystalyte Brute w/ 4840 controller on it.

Being a 250lb person is a definite problem with current e-scooter/bike technology. If anyone else as heavy as I am has found a working solution for reliable transportation, please share your experience.

P.S. I'm not interested in going 35mph. I want to climb hills. I don't care if I end up with a ride that weighs 100lbs when it's finished. I'm not going to be carrying it, after all. It's the other way around.

Happy the site's back!
bigj

Deafscooter
Deafscooter's picture
Re: Schwinn Stealth ST1000 pics and update

Deafscooter is Here...

Bring to Craig ( deafscooter ) I can modding your s1000 for your need up to 30 mph maxuim and Hill Climbing
I have custom made Gear and better motor ( up to 4000 watts ) even OverKILLER Monster Motor over 15000 watts

The Battery Tray Can Install up 4 Battery of 50 Amp/HR or even 72 Volts packs in Frame and strong ftame work...

I think your ( BigJ ) need send to craig then let deafscooter do modding and custom made motor mount on side
and modding on framework for large battery to Tray allow hold four batteries pack of 12V 20 AH ( AGM or SLA )

Deafscooter have build High Powered Schwinn Stealth 1000 ( “PMG-S.S.S-T1000” )
Once time top speed is 83.6 mph on GPS and I got Ticket from CHP for 77 mph !!

Check on ==> http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/1263

If you intertesting getting Modding the your scooter
Please send me Email -> Deafscooter [at] yahoo.com

Craig Uyeda
Deafscooter

deafscooter

Deafscooter
Deafscooter's picture

Deafscooter is Here...

i got email from ottbot customer who want some ideas on scooter
==========================================

Hi Craig,
(i on V firum)

I have schwinn s1000 without battery. This is direct
drive- no chain
it looks like. I would like it to go 30m.p.h. up a
small grade.
It has 10AWG? wires in it. Diagnostic throttle is
broke I think.
(Also have tiny chain drive s500 scooter without
batteries.)
I am looking for your ideas because of your
experience.

My idea:

4 20Amp battery will fit modified pan nicely.
Cool the controller with fan. Cool motor also?

Any comments about this scooter?
What would you do? Whats good throttle amd battery
connectors?

Thankyou.
ottbot

===================================================

I think your ( BigJ ) need send to craig then let deafscooter do modding and custom made motor mount on side
and modding on framework for large battery to Tray allow hold four batteries pack of 12V 20 AH ( AGM or SLA )

I can modding your s1000 for your need up to 30 mph maxuim & Hill Climbing, I have custom made Gear ratio
& better motor ( up to 4000 watts ) and Better Wire hook up to your Scooter needed to strong enough to current.

The Throttle and speed Controller will be custom made by deafscooter or replacment better speed controller box

Any question, Please send Email --> Deafscooter [at] yahoo.com

Thank you
Craig Uyeda
Deafscooter

deafscooter

andrew
andrew's picture

Have you tried removing the gear and taking it to an industrial supplier? It might not be cheap, but you might be able to get a replacement without custom machining.

I'm not as heavy, but my duel etek MC works for me :P

Ok I'm assuming you are looking for something cheap that you don't have to register to drive on-road? That kind of speed is impossible to get in a small package without doing some serious modifications. I would start with overvoltging the motor. Since you need to replace the gear, you might replace it with a smaller one. Doing that in combination with overvoltaging will give a lot better hill climbing. If you decide to do this I can do some calculations to determine just what ratio and what the optimal voltage would be.

---
Avatar taken from http://www.electricmotorbike.org/
Anyone got one they want to sell?
My KZ750 Project: here

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

Deafscooter
Deafscooter's picture

Deafscooter is Here...

reply from Deafscooter , Reply with ==>> HHHH <===

I am , I weight 180lbs but want 80lb kid trailer , total is 260lbs person.

==>> I can add on trailer for your kids or find bike kid trailer
the price for custom made trailer will be extra $.-- <<===

I will send a pic later but its just a 2007 or 2006 s1000.
===> i know about scooter i have it too <<-==

If there is a way I could do some of the work that would be nice.

What the prices on the mods as I am not much money> I must sell
scooters :) to work on one s1000.
==>> Minuim depoist amount is $2000.00 and your scooter
to ship to my place before work on it <<==

So the 20amp hour batteriy is correct size X 4. Nice.
==> yes four 12v 20AH on tray and add metal frame <===
==> are you use sit down or stand up version scooter <===

''your scooter will major moddding on frame work
and motor also gear box'' < more information please
==> custom made motor & gear ratio for over weight to range <===

Did you ever work on Canadian bike?
==>> i need see picture on bike <<===

Thanks,
Craig Uyeda
Deafscooter

deafscooter

bigj

Update:

I finally disassembled the gearbox. The problem was not a broken tooth. It looks like a solder repair in the middle of one tooth had melted and deformed.

Apparently when the billet is cast, sometimes there are voids or weak points in the metal that cause holes to appear in the teeth during machining.

The manufacturer then uses solder (!!?) to fill the voids. Is this normal?

I am now working on filing down the high spot on top of the tooth. I am using a Dremel tool with a cutting wheel to grind out more solder that melted into the valley between two teeth.

Hopefully this will make for a smooth ride again, and spare the bearings (and my butt) any further beating. ;)

Use code&quot;Solar22&quot; and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage