I know this could start a flame-war, but I want people opinions of which kits are best for converting a bicycle.
Now, I know this is a subjective thing, so here are the parameters I am using, based on my situation/usage only:
- Commuter Bicycle use, 7-10 miles each way. In 1 year the office moves, and then it will be 20 miles each way.
- I would like to make the round trip in one charge.
- I would like to be able to at least maintain 20MPH with some effort on my part. Faster might be better in some places.
- I will be riding PCH back and forth to work, Costa Mesa to Newport Beach and back.
- I have a good durable Schwinn cross bike with 700C tires.
- I like the thumb throttle over the twist grip.
- I like the Idea of Higher Amperage/Voltage over lower. 36V or 48V I think might be the way to go.
- I like the larger motors and battery packs, but I am sticker shocked at the prices.
- I am handy electronically, So I am tempted to build some of this, but I love the Brushless hub motors, as it simplifies things greatly.
Any and all input is welcome!