Vectrix for sale in Houston, TX

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
MorleyJC
Vectrix for sale in Houston, TX

Hello All,

My family has a red Vectrix (first gen) that has died on us. We bought it as an around the neighborhood vehicle for my mother. Recently we've had battery issues with range and unreliablity. Finally the scooter has completely died on us, not responding when plugged in, etc.

Ive taken all the plastic off one afternoon in an effort to see if I could find a fuse block, but as I'm only mildly technical quickly got out of my depth.

If anyone has any interest in purchasing all or some of the parts (some of the plastic is scratched as this was a learning bike for my mother), please let me know and I'd be happy to discuss.

Also, if I'm missing some glaringly simple step that might restore the scooter I'd be interested in any help, but after the level of frustration we've already experienced with this bike we arent willing to invest any more money in it.

Thanks!

oobflyer
oobflyer's picture
Re: Vectrix for sale in Houston, TX

Hey James,

Try disconnecting the charger and re-connecting it. Dana DeCosta, of Vectrix, suggested this to me when my bike suddenly quit charging. Underneath the plastic in the front (under the headlight), on the right side of the bike, there are two connectors:

Charger.jpg

One is behind the other. Unsnap the metal latch on the connector towards the back, unplug the connector, wait a few seconds, re-connect it, plug the bike back in ... and cross your fingers.

MorleyJC

Thanks for the suggestion- tried it and it still wouldnt charge. I think its dead.

-James M
Houston, TX

JasonTaylor
JasonTaylor's picture

"Recently we've had battery issues with range and unreliablity." Even if you got it working, there is this problem. So have ebay maximize it's value to you. I think you will be pleasantly surprised how much it goes for.

Jason

Jason Taylor. Fresh rant each day @ http://twitter.com/jasontaylor7

marylandbob

Was the scooter left with a weak battery for an extended time? If the battery is not charged regularly, it may drop below 85 volts, and get too weak to energize the charger. (A battery that is too weak will not charge) If this occurs, an external charging source must be used to raise the battery voltage high enough to enable normal charging. Do you have a voltmeter, and understand how to safely use it? (The voltages and amperages are dangerous!--Battery voltage gets as high as 150 volts!) You may call me to discuss this, @ 301-439-3873-----Bob Curry

Robert M. Curry

DuganDog

Disconnect the charger/reconnect, that's crap

none

Todd

I live in Houston and I might be interested in some parts if you still have your V. Let me know.

Todd

MorleyJC

Thanks for the interest Todd, I've just sent you a message.
-James

-James M
Houston, TX

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage