police scooter

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mountain chen
police scooter

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_HJhNYs34g my new 13" wheel scooter have reached 98km/H after half a year testing and adjustment.

police2.jpg
DSC09166_2.jpg

Deafscooter
Deafscooter's picture
Deafscooter's Next Generation Scooter (Modified)

Deafscooter will Purchase & Modding this Scooter for next generation..
This is Scooter will go up speed 85~95 MPH ( 136~153 KPH ) on Electric ...
LrgSctr22.jpg

-------
Here is Built in Charger ,144 Volts ,Custom Pancake Motor ,Speed Controlar
LrgStrs22.jpg
---
-
Craig Uyeda
Deafscooter
-
-
-
Email-->> Deafscooter [at] yahoo.com
-

deafscooter

Deafscooter
Deafscooter's picture
Re: police scooter

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_HJhNYs34g

Watch the his Video ==> It look like Gas Power reach 98KPH Speed?
==========
chenss.jpg
They think it was try to show like 3000 Watts on 98KPH scooter???

========================================
Deafscooter want see your "Under Hood on your Scooter Actual Electric Power?
MountainChen Can Video or Actual Photo on your Scooter include Under Hood
Then Post this Visforvoltage & I like to see real scooter thing you have this one
==========
-------
----
--
-
Craig Uyeda
Deafscooter
-
-
-
====> Email -> Deafscooter [at] yahoo.com

deafscooter

DanCar

...after half a year testing and adjustment.

Let us know when you have the fuel gauge working.

Alias

I really like this design and wished they would have had this when I was on duty 12 years ago, 1997.
would have been neat to see my ex-department(Fremont Police) carry them at the time.

Mountain chen

This is the first prototype modified from Gas motorcycles,thus we still use Gas odometer on testing,butit is easy to tell what kind of power from the engine noise,250cc Gas engine would be never so silence as my Video.

Maybe is a good idea.....Being in field of EV 6 years,I never have experience of use gas scooter vedio to replace E-scooter..... I will buy a Yamaha 1600cc next time !

DSC09726.jpg

Deafscooter
Deafscooter's picture
Deafscooter want Visit your Company in China

Mountain Chen,

This is Craig Uyeda ( Deafscooter ) want go visit your company in china
I will arragment get shedule to fly into China sometime in early 2008...
-
I need Your Company's Address, where nearest airport or trains in china..
-

-

Send Private message Via eMail -->> Deafscooter [at] yahoo.com
-
-

Craig Uyeda
Deafscooter

---------

deafscooter

Mountain chen
Re: Deafscooter want Visit your Company in China

You welcome,I will pick you up at the airport....but better end of Jan because I would be aboard before that.

We are located in Xiamen,China
map2.jpg

gushar

Hmmmm....I realize deafscooter is a smart guy and is full of knowledge about electrics and building these small scoots to go really fast. But you know Deaf I've had a couple of the small boreem/extreme/freedom type scoots as you picture above and buddy I don't care what you did to it there is no way I'd want to go over 25mph on it! That's crazy. I just think a smart guy like you might think about doing something more for the "adult" market folks (who by the way have the money) to modify more "adult" type electric scoots, etc. And I know from what you've posted here you sell one of these home brew jobs to adults for several k from time to time. But hey, that's just got to be somebody with money to burn and no consideration for their safety. I mean these type scooters you're showing, regardless of what you have done to them, are still kids toys. I bought them to learn with...and because they were inexpensive! You couldn't pay me to sit down on one and go 40-50 mph!must less 85-90mph! As a matter of fact you must be joking there cause I don't think you could stay on it or that it would stay together at even near that speed....no matter what you did to it! And I write about all this not because I've no courage or lust for a thrill. It's just I've got better sense! :-)

I read your posts...and realize that you're a creative guy who has alot of knowledge in the area of electrics, frame design, etc. Just don't know why you're so obsessed with tricking out these "kids toys????"...and not in modifying adult scooters for more distance, range, etc. Seems that's where there's a real market for your creativity and ability.

Course, as I always say...to each his own! Just puzzled me ever since I've seen your posts on here.

gushar

Gus

RedKing73

This is the first prototype modified from Gas motorcycles,thus we still use Gas odometer on testing,

Hmmm, sounds like the electric 4000w atvs that I purchased, which when I complained about the appalling QC issues (Mountain was appointed QC manager by ZAP? were you not, at the time? Yes), I was told that the atv was a prototype....! And then ignored for over a year as I requested an EV odometer. Which is why I source from elsewhere now. I bet any police force worldwide would like that kind of special relationship that erider can offer! I can just see some poor fool being beaten by cops live on CNN and then they get on their E-rider mopeds for an 'exit stage-left' hi-speed getaway and then ....... "Goldarn it Jeb, ain't a dickybird out of this thing"! Just before the mob closes in!! Unless you can wire a taser into the 12v system as one of the add-ons that USATracy was suggesting :-)

Apologies to any Jebs out there. Just seemed like a redneck cop name to me. That's TV for ya.

No fuel gauge, ridiculous botched wiring that gave 2 forwards and 1 reverse i.e neutral position on a silent electric atv is wired LIVE???. Please......prototypes are lovely. How many manufacturers are waving prototypes on this forum at this stage? Shrink-wrap it and let's go! Put it out there.

dreamdrum

NYPD to road test electric scooters

"Four plug-in Vectrix scooters will be road tested starting early next month as the New York Police Department tries to become more environmentally friendly and reduce gasoline use in its massive motor fleet."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/12/26/nypd.green.ap/index.html

Alias

I like it! :)
Like I said would have been neat to see them 12 years ago in my PD.
Wonder how well they are going to respond to (speed) while you are in emergency to a call.

spinningmagnets

I don't see any type of scooter finding widespread use in any large city police dept. A few of them might be used for meter maid parking tickets. And perhaps during parades and park concerts where no riots are expected.

An E-scoot in a crowd makes no noise, no smelly exhaust, can run on the sidewalk during an emergency and a traffic jam. New York still uses some horses, and an E-Scooter looks good to the newspapers (even if the most they ever have is a dozen)

Then of course, theres buying 3 year-old E-Scoots at a police auction...

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Then of course, theres buying 3 year-old E-Scoots at a police auction...

Ooh! Good point!!!

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

oliviaharis

The police department is giving scooter owners some general thoughts to consider. First, to secure the scooter in a garage or other out-of-sight area of the general public. Second, to remember that prepared criminals can easily defeat chains or cables. Third, most scooters can be easily picked up and placed in the bed of a pickup truck for transport. Securing the scooter to itself does not adequately guard against theft.
-----------------------
oliviaharis
auto auctions

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage