My thoughts on the Zappy 3 Pro

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
TheScrutinizer
My thoughts on the Zappy 3 Pro

I just got a used Zappy 3 Pro off of Craigslist for $100. They retail for $900 new.

This is a three wheeled, front wheel drive, 360W hub motor, "chariot" style scooter. It runs at 36V and sports two huge 36V 12ah cells that are wired in parallel. The specs maintain that it can acheive 24 miles on a charge and a maximum speed of 13mph.

Somebody won this at an auto show and rode it around the block a few times and then put it in storage where it languished for over a year and a half.

So naturally the batteries were nearly shot. I could only coax about 3 miles out of it.

I removed the batteries and replaced them with a trio of Stealth batteries and now it has the range of a typical scooter. The 13mph claim seems to be accurate.

It took a while to get used to the three wheel feel. But now that I'm getting used to it I'm finding it to be a lot of fun. I really like the fact that it comes with a light and horn.

I took it down a really steep hill last night. It freewheels really nice and the fact that it has three wheels made it feel really stable. The single drum brake was surprisingly effective.

The 360W motor limits it's ability to take on hills. My Stealth 1000 is faster and climbs hills better.

However, it is well worth the $100 I spent. It seems very well built and I'll bet it outlasts my Stealth.

It has one "safety feature" which I find absolutely infuriating. There is a small magnet on a lanyard that goes around your wrist. The magnet then attaches to the handlebars near the throttle. If the magnet is not in place then power is cut to the motor. The idea being that if you fall off your scooter the magnet will be pulled from the scooters handlebars. (There are treadmills that have a similar feature.)

This is completely useless since the throttle is spring loaded and returns if your thumb slips off of it anyway. So I just don't understand. I found it being jarred loose while riding which became so annoying that I went ahead electrical taped it on permanently.

I understand that this voids any warranty. To this I say, "Tell someone who gives a cares!"

I'd be curious to hear from anyone else who has owned one. I wonder if you can tell me what that infernal magnet thing is really about. I also wonder what kind of range it truly gets when you're running two 36V 12ah batteries in parallel. I could find out for myself by ordering a replacement pair for $179 plus shipping. But I guess I'm not that curious.

TheScrutinizer
Re: My thoughts on the Zappy 3 Pro

Zappy-3-Pro-web.jpg

Mountain chen

We have come out similar 3 wheelers called HaiQ scooter,which have great improvement compare
with ZAPPY 3:

1) More tighten Handlebar. We use the same solution as Bicycle handlebar and
quick release button will shorten the length of handlebar easily which could
be put inside the rear trunk of SUV car.

2) The chassis/fork connector is tighten by 4 srew instead of 2 screw,It
will never move or shake at any condition .

3) Battery have 2 option, Economical 36V10AH or Long range 36V20AH fitting.
Battery are fixed by metal strap which never loose even turn over the whole
vehicle.

4) Key switch are set on the handle bar for easily operation and new LED
electric indicator is very clear and convience.

5) New 350W planetgear motor have bigger torque and speed up to 28km/h. 2mm
thickness drum brake ensure of immediately stop at any speed.

6) Hand brake ensure of the stable stop on slope.

7) Outside controller have simple wiring and easily inspection.

8) LED headlight is more economical and brighten.

9) Outside horn sounds more clearly and alarmly.

10) Seperated package have more protection on scooter with the same
container quantity.
HaiQ.jpg

caseyfinnigan
caseyfinnigan's picture

What is the stealth 1000 ?

Im looking to get soemthing with bit more milage than what my current mobility scooter can do and this looks ideally , just pity it didnt have more clearance so you coudl go offroad.

thanks

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage