Lead Acid Battery Physics?

2 replies [Last post]
ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

This may sound strange to some.

Let's say I have solar panels generating electricity. The electricity goes to charging up a string of lead-acid batteries. Once the batteries are fully charged that's it, but the sun is still shining. I could install a larger battery bank, but that's a lot of money.

Here's the strange parts: What if I remove the charged batteries of their acid and replace it with fresh distilled water and put those back to be charged? Then at night, if the batteries drain low I would remove this acid and replace it with the acid I removed earlier.

Could I store the electricity as excess acid?

www.BaseStationZero.com
THINKING X-TREME? - Do a Google search for "Alpha Products International" first!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
MB-1-E
MB-1-E's picture
Re: Lead Acid Battery Physics?

Quote:
"What if I remove the charged batteries of their acid and replace it with fresh distilled water and put those back to be charged? Then at night, if the batteries drain low I would remove this acid and replace it with the acid I removed earlier."

Hey AF,
If you tried that with LiPo batteries ...
... wouldn't it just be considered LiPosuction? :P

Dave

MB-1-E
Electric - Bridgestone MB-1 Mountain Bike

p.s. Now THAT is OT for sure ... sorry about that folks :(

Dave B

MB-1-E
Electric - Bridgestone MB-1 Mountain Bike

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Re: Lead Acid Battery Physics?

Quoted: Everyone remembers the Hindenburg

Yes from what I understand is that by the time the cameraman took the shot of the flames, all the H2 had already been burned up - what was left was the flaming bags and external skin. If it wasn't for that, I think most would have survived with exception of those squished by the actual airframe.

Quoted: LiPosuction?

That's just wrong. But, oh so funny! LMAO!

www.BaseStationZero.com

www.BaseStationZero.com
THINKING X-TREME? - Do a Google search for "Alpha Products International" first!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Juiced Hybrid Accessories and upgrades for hybrid cars
Who Killed the Electric Car? Essential documentary explaining what happened the last time electric cars were killed
Customize This