- All Forums
- EV Racing
- Electric Rides
- Electric Technology
- Community Marketplace
- V Forum
- Recent posts
- My ...
- Sign in
Sept 2016 - Volkswagen I.D. World Premiere
Submitted by Webmaster on Mon, 11/14/2016 - 11:57
Paris Motor Show - Mondial de l'Automobile 2016
World premiere of the I.D. starts the countdown to a new era for Volkswagen
Volkswagen plans for the visionary I.D. to hit the road in 2020
An ambassador: the I.D. is the first Volkswagen of a new fleet of electric cars
It runs and runs: the I.D. has a range of 400 to 600 kilometres
Ready for the future: the I.D. concept car demonstrates a fully automated mode for the year 2025
Key facts – the I.D. in keywords
- I.D. is the first Volkswagen in a completely new fleet of highly innovative electric vehicles.
- I.D. is immediately recognisable as a zero-emission vehicle thanks to a newly developed design DNA for electric cars.
- I.D. is driven by an electric motor with an output of 125 kW and has a range of between 400 and 600 kilometres on a single battery charge.
- I.D. has an interior that offers an entirely new spatial experience with the Open Space.
- I.D. will be launched as a compact electric car in 2020 parallel to the Golf.
- As a concept car, I.D. gives us a first tangible glimpse of fully automated driving – this mode will be offered from 2025 onwards.
- I.D. retracts its multifunction steering wheel into the dashpad when in fully automated mode ("I.D. Pilot").
- I.D. can receive parcels using a new delivery service, if its owner isn't at home.
- I.D. is the first compact Volkswagen based on the Modular Electric Drive Kit (MEB).
- Volkswagen has set itself the goal of selling a million electric cars a year by 2025.