Dragster Vectrix

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
R
R's picture
Dragster Vectrix

A friend took some interesting pictures of a highly "retooled" vectrix.
With ultralight weight, that "vectrix" is capable of a very impressive acceleration.

la foto-1.JPG
la foto-2.JPG
la foto-3.JPG
la foto-4.JPG

Caruso
Caruso's picture
Re: Dragster Vectrix

I'm contemplating entering Vectirx in this year's Brighton Speed Trials this year:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_Speed_Trials

I'd probably restrict any modifications to software though.

That is pretty cool though, looks like a smaller than standard battery.

marylandbob

Looks interesting! I would add a small rear fender, and a windsreen. Electrically, I would add a secound FET module, in parrallel with the existing one, to allow 400 to 500 Ampere acceleration amperage, and use a battery made of 40 series connected Lithium-polymer cells, preferably KOKAM high-rate discharge cells, such as their 10 ampere at 15-20C rated cells, using 160 cells, to make a 40S X 4P, 40AH battery, having a Full-Charge voltage of 160-168 volts, with a discharged voltage of 120 volts---This would typically give about 150 volts, at 400 amperes for acceleration! (That would be 60 KW, or around 80 horsepower, which is REAL POWER, for getting off the line!) To get higher top speed, I would modify the swing arm, to accomodate a 18 inch rear rim and tire, thus avoiding the need for higher RPM software. To enable the higher Amperage, I would simply modify the resistance network on the hall effect current sensors on the motor control board, so they feed 1/2 as much signal to the processor as present, and that would permit DOUBLE the present amperage limit! (Doubling present current can be safely done ONLY for a few seconds, and only with a modified motor controller, using doubled FET modules.) Thermal monitoring of motor, wiring, & controller temperature would be strongly advised, after such modification.

Robert M. Curry

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture

You've gotta love those crazy Germans!

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

oobflyer
oobflyer's picture

Wow - that's crazy! How much is the conversion kit?

;-)

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage