Vectrix VX-1 Benchmarks?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Infinite
Vectrix VX-1 Benchmarks?

I have a pretty low Miles VX-1. I have had two minor issues, with the bike (blown main fuse and batteries went bellow 100V once.) Otherwise the bike seems to run normal. Is there anything that I can do to help track the health of the batteries without checking each cell or digging into the battery compartment? Should I expect the health of the Vectrix to deteriorate? Or should I expect a total failure at some point?

My commute is constant, about 25 miles 50% in the 30MPH range and 50% on the freeway (15-60MPH depending on traffic). I charge at work so the battery often does not go bellow 50% charge. I once did a round trip but the red light turned on on the way home and it was way too close. :D

Unfortunately, there is not Vectrix dealers in Washington, so I don't have many folks to get advice from other then this forum. :D

Thanks
-i

israndy
israndy's picture
Re: Vectrix VX-1 Benchmarks?

I have an iPhone and I have a note that I add to at the end of each ride before the charge:

8/9 20.3 m 130v 28C 3.28 k

meaning on the 9th of Aug. I rode 20.3 miles and when I was done with the return part of the ride I checked and has 130 volts on the battery and it was reporting 28 degrees centigrade. I then reset the trip meter for the next day and hold the left brake while removing the key. This lets the unit not charge my bike for another 7 hours. As I plug in the bike to the Kill-A-Watt on the wall I reset it so the kilowatts used will show just this charge cycle.

When I come out in the morning, I write the 3.28 kilowatts at the end of the note and it all begins again. Since there are no good diagnostics to run, this is really the only way to know what is going on with the battery, otherwise it can be quite a mystery.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage