schwinn stealth 1000 i love it.

1 reply [Last post]
stealthmaster88

I have owned about four different electric scooters ranging from a bladez to the schwinn stealth 1000. I just recently purchased a schwinn stealth 1000 still in the box never opened 200 bucks i had to buy it. I started assembling it and ended up cutting the front brake off and installing new batteries.Today was the first day i road it and i must say wow the power is amazing and i like the direct drive system but it has only been one day.Is there anything i can do to keep this baby running like this other than not overcharging and keeping away from water? Thanks and keep scootin

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
CarefulRider
Re: schwinn stealth 1000 i love it.

I know time has passed since you posted. Are you riding it still?

I bought a used eZip 1000 & used it an estimated 800 miles last winter in & through the snow, in upstate New York. I bought it for that purpose. I did not use it in the non-snow weather & months. When, after months of disuse, I tried to run it, by twisting the throttle, nothing happened. Keep in mind that I charge the battery every month through the year, irrespective of use, & store the scoot in the living room of my bachelor apartment.

Fortunately, after a short time of fiddling, the scoot reared into life. So to answer your question: apart from charging the batteries monthly, twist the throttle & let the motor spin for a few seconds.

After last winter in the snow, I should like to open up the gear box to replace the grease, & any bearings that need replacing after exposure to the salt.

Can anyone please post a step by step procedure to accomplish this?

Thanks much.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
JOLT!: The Impending Dominance Of The Electric Car And Why America Must Take Charge
Electric Bicycles: A Guide to Design and Use
The Party's Over: Oil, War and the Fate of Industrial Societies
Ask me about my Electric Car - button
Stick it to OPEC bumper stucker
Transportation in a Climate-Constrained World

Who's new

• edubindie
  • rockwood165
  • Plamenko
  • UND
  • Gerald Purpur
Customize This