Looking at the DeltaQ QuiQ charger - evaluation for on-board an electric vehicle

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Looking at the DeltaQ QuiQ charger - evaluation for on-board an electric vehicle

I'm still looking for a more powerful way to charge my car. I saw the QuiQ charger being used on a Zero S, and thought to check it out to see if it would work for my car. It won't, but it's still an interesting charger.

It takes in any AC voltage from 85v to 265v, making it suitable for a wide range of electric service. It has power factor correction, that's highly important for some instances.

It draws a max of 12 amps, meaning that on a 240 volt circuit it'll run at almost 3 kilowatts charge rate. In the Zero S case I saw, this guy had mounted one on a Zero S, along with a J1772 adapter, and was riding around Florida and Georgia stopping at the electric car charging stations for quick charging (1-2 hrs)

It's designed to be rugged - and I've seen QuiQ chargers mounted on the undersides of neighborhood electric vehicles for "plug in and forget" style operation.

The models sold support battery pack voltages in 24, 36, 48, 72 and 96 volts.

It can support any battery type with field technicians being able to change the charging algorithm.

http://www.delta-q.com/products/quiq.shtml

It's not suitable for my car - not high enough charging voltage - nor a high enough charge rate. But looks very nice nonetheless.

antiscab
Re: Looking at the DeltaQ QuiQ charger - evaluation for ...

It's not suitable for my car - not high enough charging voltage - nor a high enough charge rate. But looks very nice nonetheless.

Elcon or TC Charger intially copied the delta-q charger, then later did a re-design to increase the number of supported voltages and added a BMS charge stop feature

They also make the charger in larger sizes.

They're the best bang for your buck IMO

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Thank you for the suggestion, I have an Elcon PFC3000 on my car and it's fine so far as it goes. I'm looking for higher power than what I have, and would also like an adjustable charge rate. It may be I'll have to go with Manzanita.

In any case I wrote up Elcon:- http://visforvoltage.org/forum/12499-looking-elcon-chargers-board-electric-vehicle-use

Cruisin

If you are not aware, the Delta-Q charger which is isolated, can be used in multiples as is being done in at least 11 production EV's. The Elcon PFC4000 uses two PFC2000, the PFC5000 uses two PFC2500 and the PFC6000 uses three PFC2000.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage