Shorai LiFePo4 batteries?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
TheBoffin
Shorai LiFePo4 batteries?

Not sure if this is going to be the correct spot, but it is a LiFePo4 question, so here it goes :)

I work at a motorcycle shop where we sell 2 different brands of LifePo4 replacement batteries. One of them is catching my eye as a very nice alternative to the SLA batteries we currently use. The brand is Shorai and they make them in a case that resembles a traditional SLA. There website can be found here http://www.shoraipower.com/default.aspx

To those who have experience with LiFePo4 batteries, would you mind taking a look at these to see if they are worth the effort? They make several styles and sizes, and have a few 14Aheq that are the same size as the 10Ah SLA batteries. My main question, is there is not a lot of data on their site, making it dificult to do any real comparisons. They are also classified as "starter batteries" capable of delivering a high amp discharge, but what about run times? Does being a "starter battery" mean that it is not as capable of delivering the runtime as well? Anyone with some insight to this, please respond!

-Boff

high voltage an...
high voltage and high discharge BMS system's picture
Re: Shorai LiFePo4 batteries?

We'd like to establish a good cooperation relationship with your term, we are a more than 15 years of experience and professional BMS manufactuer focus on Lithium battery, we'd like you have a view on our website at www.szcoresun.com ,welcome you contact me asap, many thanks.
3.jpg

Spaceangel

Do you know that you got it spelled wrong? It is PO4 not Polonium 4, like there could be a Polonium cell?, Li= Lithium, Fe= Iron, PO4 = phosphate radical. Po = Polonium and it it highly radio active and Po4 must be the light weight version since it is supposed to have a molecular weight of about 210. . Let's get some spell check going. I sure wouldn't buy a product if it is spelled wrong. It can't hold up under "warranty". I use light weight Pb Trojan batteries in my daily use for making battery boxes. a pound or so and zero AH for sizing. I also cut up my exploded Lithium cells to fill them up with Styrofoam for sizing too.

KB1UKU

roberib

I converted a 36 volt scooter for lead acid to Shorai LiFePO4 motorcycle starting batteries.
It has run well for over a year. The thing to note however is that actual Ah is 1/3 of stated PbEqAh.
The equivalence is for starting applications.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage