Vectrix with A123 Portugal!

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
serges
serges's picture
Vectrix with A123 Portugal!

Hi,

I'm Sérgio From Portugal and i have reading all the information from here for a while but we use another forum in Portugal novaenergia.net

Ok, the apresentation is done

Look what can happen with batery A123 with 41.4Ah

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi4nd42fx9411b2/20121013_175414.mp4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3da8cse5ilpq1gl/20121013_150359.mp4

What you think about it...

the link to the information about my vectrix is here in Portuguese language but you easily can translate and we can write in English...

The Master of the transformation is Jmal the men of the moment!

Only to provide some good moments to the comunity!

serges
serges's picture
Re: Vectrix with A123 Portugal!

Sorry about the English!!!

By serges

Seiermann

Incredible!!!
The automatical switching of the Voltage/ Temperature-Control is very interesting... How did you do this?
rgds
Seiermann

serges
serges's picture

Hi Seiermann, Jmal have made a new software with lots of add on... But wait for his reply!

By serges

CO2

Hi Serges,

nice bike!!! Congratulation.
Sincerely A123 is too expensive.
I hope this "Jmal" is like our The Laird ans antiscab (man of sharing)or other people and want share this software with us...

serges
serges's picture

I hope so!

The software is very different of the Laird because you can choose how much power do you want to charge, since 1Ah to the 16Ah...

The professional can explain!

I have some videos but in portuguese information you choose what you want and what the hurry that you have!

By serges

CO2

Hi Serges,

yes, I see...I have already see almost the same think but with cruise control!
So if i understand, the bike is yours and the SW you have in your bike no? Strange!!! Certainly, this Jmal work for Vectrix?

serges
serges's picture

Hi,

The Vectrix is mine, check

But the SW is from Jmal, he doesnt work on Vectrix... he is a freelancer...

I Hope he can change the SW to the best...

Some extras on the Vectrix is the Xenon, yes is possible...

By serges

R
R's picture

Hi Serges,
Don't worry about your English, and thank you a lot for sharing. It is really great knowing about people successfully reprogramming the vectrix with better features.
In summary that firmware can:
Allow Xenon lights.
you can choose how much power do you want to charge, from 1Ah to 16Ah.
automatic switching between Voltage/ Temperature-Control
And many other add-ons.

I frankly need a firmware to change at my wish the intensity of the recharge. I'll be waiting Jmal's post with great interest.
The firmware is developed for ESD chargers or RUNKE chargers?
The firmware affects only the charger or also the ICM?

serges
serges's picture

Hi R

I Hope that Jmal have some time to explain your questions...

From me you can know that the BMS of origin is out and he made a new one and the Batterys are 41.4Ah with 42 cels and if i not mistake it can suport 30C.

My knowledge end here! I hope for my informations, because i dont have the vectrix on hands is on the Jmal the Master... lol

By serges

serges
serges's picture

Hi people...

i have news and is now rolling,.,,

In Portuguese the alterations.... In English next, the best i can to translate.

- Pack composto por 756 células de 2.3 ah 3.3v cada, totalizando 41.4 ah 138.6 volts nominais, na verdade só se pode considerar 38.5 ah, porque não as descarrega até à tensão minimal de 2v, mas sim até 2.65v. The pack have 756 cells with 2.3ah-3.3v each total 41.4Ah 138.6V Nomina in truth in only will use 38.5ah because of the minimal tension of 2v
Ficou com 52 kg de peso, portanto cerca de 43-45 kg a menos que a versão nimh. it hac lose weight 52kg regard to Nimh

- Bms para 42 células por módulos, ou 42 módulos distribuídos pelo pack, já está preparado para upgrade no pack para mais capacidade, pode suportar até 90 ah. Levou também um modulo com microprocessador que faz de interface do bms e o hardware da mota, permitindo reduzir potência, desligar carregador e avisos de bateria fraca. Penso que é a primeira conversão fora da marca a ter esta funcionalidade. BMS for 42 cells, 42 moduls disbruited by the pack ready for more if i need, could have 90Ah, hope so. It have a microprocessor that make the interface of the BMS and the harware of the vectrix that allow to reduce the power of the bike, switch off the charger and the information of low battery.

- Alteração do software do carregador para permitir carga destas baterias, tem 3 estágios, CP normal com programação do utilizador para a corrente que quizer, CC até à tensão de balanceamento e EQ de 30 minutos a 60 minutos, dependendo se é carga total ou parcial.
Como o Serges disse, permite ver em andamento 3 dados distintos, a tensão real do pack, corrente de descarga (em aceleração) e carga (em regenerativa) , e a estimativa de kms. SW changed to allow to charge this batterys, it have 3 stages CP normal with a programing what kind of tension that i want to charge, CC tension to balance them and the EQ of 30 min to 60 min depending of kind of charge that she have!

-Atualização e alteração do software do ICM (instrument cluster module) para monitorizar o consumo do xenon, como o xenon consome mais, o indicador do médio e máximo estavam sempre a piscar (aviso de erro quando está queimado, com consumo a mais e/ou lâmpada não recomendada) assim monitoriza na mesma, mas adaptado ao consumo do mesmo. Update of ICMM to see what kind of spent of the Xenon, because xenon have more electricity it have an error that was blicking on the screen the ligts led for that was solved.

-Atualização do controlador do motor para a versão 1017b (Versão dos 110 kmh) It have the 110km/h the last sw 1017b.

- Alteração dos módulos de sensores de temperatura para compatibilizar com esta tecnologia de baterias. Changed the sensors of the temperature to have some compatabile with this kind of batterys...

- Trocadas fans no pack, mais silenciosas, mas também com menor fluxo de ar, mas suficientes para estas baterias. Em carregamento estão sempre a trabalhar, e em viagem só trabalham se a temperatura do pack for superior a 35ºC e a temperatura ambiente inferior em 3ºC. The Fans has been changed to a smooth ones, no sound at all but with some less air, but for this kind of battery is enougth. in trips they only work if the temperature of the pack will be more than 35ºC and if the enviroment were bellow 3ºC.

- Trocadas fans no carregador para mais silenciosas, com estas 2 alterações ela ficou mais silenciosa quando a carregar que o meu portátil a trabalhar.
the fans of the charger were changed to sicence one

- Xénon de 35w com lâmpada móvel (permite máximo e médio)
xenon 35W with maximum and medium

- Óleo de travões mudado. oil brak changed

- Óleo da caixa redutora mudado. oil of the transmission changed

- Buzina trocada. Horn changed, to low

- Ficha de carga trocada, eliminou-se o "chouriço" americano e ficou apenas com uma ficha shuko de borracha. The plug in changed to a portuguese one.

- Pneu Michellin Power Pure 120/60-14 frente e Pirelli Diablo Scooter 140/60-13 atrás. And new tyres

The power of the bike is fast more than a Li+ stock and have a more smooth charging sound! The range i dindnt try the best of it but 80kms and i dindn t spend 70% runing like Hell.

PS sorry about the english!

By serges

serges
serges's picture

By serges

bm3

double

bm3

Hi Sérgio

my congratulations to your conversion from Germany.

seems that you are now the first who made an A123 conversion for a Vectrix.
I'm a big fan of the A123 cells.
My NiMHs work still very well and I have some in reserve but maybe I need your help in future some day.
This cells maybe the very best one can get for a Vectrix.
As your vids show every time now a good acceleration and a high topspeed will show that to you when you are riding.
If this cells get no undervoltage they will have a very long life.
The only shadow at present time on this is that A123 left now USA to China.
Please keep us informed here how it gos on.

regards

Klaus

CO2

Maybe it's good A123 left USA to CHINA.
ALL A123 i have buy, I have buy from China, and all are very very good!
MAybe one day we will have A123 cheap!

serges
serges's picture

Well people what can i say i feel a lucky guy

With this new sw i have full power at 80km/h with the old tyre i couldn't have any grip.

I put new ones because the power was too much it was fasr and i was afraid with no grip with that.

I put the pirelli diablo and is a different story...

By serges

CHL lithium battery
CHL lithium battery's picture

All A123 from China are 2nd hand cells,but they still works well and good performance,it is amazy !

A lot of chinese hobby rider use the same A123 too !

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage