Selling lots of GP30EVH NiMH Vectrix Cells (30Ahr)

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
linuxpenguin
Selling lots of GP30EVH NiMH Vectrix Cells (30Ahr)
AttachmentSize
Image icon Pack1.jpg31.08 KB
Image icon Pack2.jpg30.76 KB
Image icon Pack3.jpg28.77 KB

Hi Guys,

I have GP30EVH (NiMH) 30Ahr Vectrix cells for sale.

Number of cells currently available: 178

These cells are used but still in reasonably good condition. They were installed in a hybrid vehicle for approximately 1 year and then were in storage for approximately 1 year afterwards. The cells are currently at roughly 1.2v per cell. At the time of removal the cells were showing approximately 25Ahr capacity.

Cells are available in blocks of 12 cells and 14 cells (see pictures for details). The modules come with the factory busbars and bolts (as shown in the pictures).

I am asking $12 a cell (sold in bricks of 12 or 14). Offers welcome. Shipping charges extra and paid by the buyer.

If anyone is interested send me a message.

PioneerCase
Re: Selling lots of GP30EVH NiMH Vectrix Cells (30Ahr)

Hi Linux,
I am interested to purchase NiMH Vectrix cells! I live in Italy and now I'm just trying to repair the Vx-1 2007 battery pack.

How much is shipping to my country of about 4 bricks (56 cells)?

Thanks,
Manu

linuxpenguin

Hey Guys,

Just FYI, the shipping for these cells should be pretty cheap.

Evidently nickle metal hydride cells do not require HAZMAT classification for shipping (they are non-regulated according to the UPS rep I just spoke with). So shipping them inside the USA is going to be pretty cheap (they ship as normal packages).

With that in mind, let me know if anyone is interested in these cells and I can generate a shipping quote.

NOTE: I have lowered the asking price to $10 per cell. Offers still welcome.

linuxpenguin

UPDATE:

I now have the following modules available:

4x 14 cell modules
1x 11 cell module
3x 10 cell modules
2x 6 cell modules

I'm looking to get $8 a cell, offers welcome.

Let me know if you have any questions.

linuxpenguin

Hi Guys,

I've lowered the asking price to $8 per cell as I'm looking to reclaim the space they are sitting in.

Offers still welcome.

Send me a message if you are interested in any of the cells

linuxpenguin

As of now all the cells are SOLD.

Thanks to everyone for their interest.

Scotter
Scotter's picture

Dang! Did you say these came out of a hybrid? I once heard that the cells are the same as an early Prius.

--Scotter and his scooter
2007 Vectrix VX-1 Maroon
2007 Vectrix VX-1 Silver
2008 Vectrix VX-1 Blue
2008 Vectrix VX-1 Silver
Other EV projects in the works

linuxpenguin

These did come out of a hybrid yes (specifically a Prius), however the GP30EVH cells were never officially used in the Prius. Goldpeak did manufacture a 6.5Ahr NiMH cell that was the exact same form-factor as the Toyota battery cells though I'm not sure if they were ever selected as a supplier for the Prius.

linuxpenguin

Hi Guys,

I've acquired 168 more of these cells--also in USED condition.

Asking $5 per cell. Offers welcome.

Let me know if there are any questions.

linuxpenguin

Update:

30 cells are sold, 138 are still available.

These could be used for applications other than automotive such as cheap / portable emergency power backup systems, peak shaving energy storage, etc.

Let me know if there are any questions or if you would like a shipping quote.

linuxpenguin

Still plenty of cells available--is there any interest in them? Buyers have already written back to confirm these replacement cells are working great in their scooters.

Kevin_PA

I just replaced a battery pack in a VX-1 and have the used cells from the old pack for sale.
The old pack had about 7K miles on it and was working fine except for a single bad cell. (I have not fully disassembled the front pack, but in the top layer, there was one cell at 0V.) The rear pack was disassembled into 9-cell strips and I found no bad cells in any of the strips.
I will sell the individual (good) cells for $6 ea plus shipping or a full (good) strip of either 8 ($45) or 9 ($50) cells with bus bars.
I also have the temp monitoring cable assembly and the other hardware and boxes from the packs, if anyone is interested.

2007 VX-1

Kocho

In MD I have a complete VX-1 NiMh pack in good condition. Includes front half of the pack with 6 groups of 8 cells each, rear pack with 6 groups of 9 cells each, and all the cables, bolts, busbars, plastic boxes, rods, fasteners, etc. This is a plug and play drop-in replacement for your bad pack. The pack came off my bike after I converted to Li about a month ago. All cells are currently at 1.28V +/- 0.01V or so. Meaning, well balanced and none is self-discharging by just sitting in my garage.

When last used about a month ago, the pack was capable of 25 miles of good mixed riding (50% highway, 50% local roads, gentle acceleration). No overheating on any of the groups in use or during charging.

The pack was originally assembled by Vectrix in the end of 8/2013. It was then put in a '09 model bike that I bought brand new in May 2014 with only 130 miles on it. That does not mean the cells are from 8/2013, just that Vectrix put them together in a pack and tested them at that time. So how old or new and how many cycles are on the individual cells is anyone's guess. I put another 500 miles or so on this pack for a total of under 700 miles. Two months ago one cell in the front half of the pack failed (overheated). I replaced that one bad cell and the cell next to it (which tested good but I swapped it anyway as it was heated by the failed cell). I tested all other cells in the front and rear half and did not find any other bad cells. So, the pack was effectively rebuilt again in 8/2014 (about a month ago!). No issues since then and all cells balance nicely and keep charge as mentioned above. Range is as it was before that one cell failed.

This pack also comes with working temperature control boards/cables/sensors. The rear set is perfect and is currently installed in the rear half. The front set had one sensor (out of the 6) that became slightly off-spec when the one cell on which it was mounted failed as mentioned above. So this one sensor is now giving a false reading and, depending on the ambient temperature, may cause charging to stop prematurely (charge at room temperature is fine, but stops early if ambient is above 25C or so). When I find the time I will soon replace this one sensor, so all sensors will be good (the temp sensor I understand is a generic 10kOhm thermistor available from many suppliers, just need to buy and solder a new one in place of the bad one). Once I repair it, I can install back in the front pack for you. ---> Price for the pack: $400 for the full pack, including the sensor boards and sensors. $300 without the sensor boards and sensors. Plush S&H. I can ship in pieces or as one large box on a half-pallet via freight carrier. Will charge you actual shipping costs plus cost of packaging materials. Or you pickup free of shipping and packaging charges.

Also available: 5 strips of 8 cells each (complete with busbars and bolts), ready to drop in your front battery pack. Also available - half a dozen individual cells. These came from JimmyB's VX-1 here, when he upgraded to Li a year or two ago. All have 1V+ charge, so no dead cells, but have not been used for a while. So will be good that you balance/equalize them to the same voltage as the rest of your pack before use. I can fully charge/equalize them for you if you want, so all you need to do is discharge them to match your pack or charge your pack fully too to match mine. I can't guarantee if each of these cells is good, though most look good and I used a couple to repair the pack above and they were confirmed good. So I suspect most if not all of these cells are good too. ---> Price: I can include all of these for free for you as spares if you buy the full pack (just add additional shipping, if needed, and totally for free if you paid freight shipping for the half-pallet box above or pick up yourself). If you don't buy my full pack above, I can still donate these spare 8-packs and single cells to you for free - just pay me the actual shipping and packaging costs to your location or pickup for free in MD.

linuxpenguin

Not quite sure why other people are posting on my for sale thread, but anyway I've lowered the price on my cells to $2.50 per cell OBO.

Please ask if you have questions.

Jim Logan
Jim Logan's picture

Hello:
I am looking to buy some GP30EVH cells. Say 5 to 10. Still have cells for sale?

I have a Vextrix VX-1 I am working to recover the batteries

Jim Logan
Pittsburgh, PA USA

linuxpenguin

Unfortunately they are all sold--I forgot to update the listing, sorry!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage