VECTRIX "GOLD COLOR BATTERY CHARGERS ON EBAY USAMAY NOT BE WORKING.

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
BLUESTREAK
VECTRIX "GOLD COLOR BATTERY CHARGERS ON EBAY USAMAY NOT BE WORKING.

i found these on ebay ,yhe guy has 9 of them but cannot test, so they may not be anygood.

Kocho
Re: VECTRIX "GOLD COLOR BATTERY CHARGERS ON EBAY USAMAY NOT ...

I think this is the same person who sold me my replacement charger that is currently working well for me. A good guy to work with, legit. I did buy one of the "good" chargers he had at the time though, so these on sale now may or may not turn out to be good deals. Have to read the inspection reports that come with them... The firmware on them could be anything - mine came with some version of the Li firmware...

JimmyB

Good to know. There's a guy on eBay breaking a bunch of VX-1s and VX-3s - very sad to see. But he's sending me an ESD charger for a reasonable sum, so I shouldn't complain.

Kocho

David from www.vectrixsupport.com can prepare custom firmware for the Runke chargers, FYI.

israndy
israndy's picture

Good to know. There's a guy on eBay breaking a bunch of VX-1s and VX-3s - very sad to see. But he's sending me an ESD charger for a reasonable sum, so I shouldn't complain.

Who is it at eBay that is doing this??? I am desperate for a reasonable ESD charger. Searching eBay didn't come up with one.

-Randy

Kocho

Randy, if you type "vectrix charger" in the search on eBay, it comes-up with several hits. One of them for example is this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vectrix-VX-1-onboard-electric-motorcycle-charger-S-N-1209462V30-/252112444201?hash=item3ab3129b29

from seller easyas234

JimmyB

Randy, try these people:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191474813649

israndy
israndy's picture

Randy, if you type "vectrix charger" in the search on eBay, it comes-up with several hits. One of them for example is this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vectrix-VX-1-onboard-electric-motorcycle-charger-S-N-1209462V30-/252112444201?hash=item3ab3129b29

from seller easyas234

Now THAT is what I was waiting for. Less than $200 delivered. And there are 10 of them!

-Randy

Kocho

He has lowered the price - was $248 delivered last time I checked. He might even entertain best offers, I suspect... Call him.

And factor-in the need to program it, which only David from vectrixsupport.com can do for you in a cost-effective way, as far as I know, so check with him on what he will charge for that service (he can send you the .hex file to upload yourself, or do the programming for you, I suspect).

Lastly, while you may get Lucky and get a working charger at this price, you ay also get a non-working one or one that might need a little or a lot of TLC ...

israndy
israndy's picture

Mine arrived and I am having difficulty installing it in place of the ESD charger, cords are too short, but I hung it from one screw hole and plugged it in and it did light up.

The bike was at half charge and charging just fine on the loaner ESD charger, but when I plug it in with the Runke charger it shows less than a quarter charged and gives a message Hi/Lo that I have not seen before. I am running the firmware combo R8010-42 in the Runke that I believe is the latest for the non-lithium bikes like mine, and then Rev 7-68 and Rev 1008.

Is this all compatible or do I need to find and update the firmware? If this is the latest and the message is normal, what's it mean?

-Randy

Kocho

Sorry, I do not know about the firmware versions on the Runke and what you got from that #.

As for the message: Wouldn't "Hi/Lo" refer to cells' voltage, cells with high voltage and low voltage? And that is something I would associate with a BMS that the NiMh bikes don't have (only the Li bikes have BMS)? Does your Runke charge your bike despite that message?

The battery indicator being less full I would not worry about - the charger probably "remembers" the SoC from the last time it was used and has no way to measure your current SoC - I think it counts Ah while charging, it does not "read" the SoC from the battery.

When I first got mine, if I'm not mistaken, it gave me a similar message and it would not charge at all (I think it was complaining that there is no BMS on the bike, since mine came with some Li firmware on it and I did not have the factory BMS with my Leaf Li install). So I had to get the right software on it before it would charge at all.

Mine arrived and I am having difficulty installing it in place of the ESD charger, cords are too short, but I hung it from one screw hole and plugged it in and it did light up.

The bike was at half charge and charging just fine on the loaner ESD charger, but when I plug it in with the Runke charger it shows less than a quarter charged and gives a message Hi/Lo that I have not seen before. I am running the firmware combo R8010-42 in the Runke that I believe is the latest for the non-lithium bikes like mine, and then Rev 7-68 and Rev 1008.

Is this all compatible or do I need to find and update the firmware? If this is the latest and the message is normal, what's it mean?

-Randy

R
R's picture

R8010-42 is for lithium. "42" Stands for 42Ah lithium battery... Hi Lo refers to cell values from the BMS. Does this firm charge the NIMH battery??
About he latest firmwares for NIMh, as I pointed out before, better ask vectrixparts, these Runkes are beautiful gold doorstops, forged by nightmares...

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage