testing ICM FRA Control Cruise

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
R
R's picture
testing ICM FRA Control Cruise

The so-called "Control Cruise" from ICM2016rv4 firmware is not a real control cruise. It only freezes the throttle signal.
However it is interesting:

- the ICM is compatible with all vectrix firmwares.
- Flash button activates control cruise. By pressing flash light again, it deactivates CC.
- Flash light button no longer activates hi beam. Nobody around gets flashed or horned when you activate CC. And no need to brake or Regen to cancel it. It is completely stealth.
- While CC is activated, you can accelerate to increase speed. Pressing flash light for some seconds disables and reenbles CC very quickly, changing intensity of the CC in a glimpse. very handy
- Yellow icon on the dash turns on to indicate that CC is enabled.
- That ICM firmware has many other features, like Warning lights in reverse, display of Ah counter, Temperature of MC, and many other features.

I want to Congratulate Framuga for writting this splendid firmware. It can be downloaded from The Laird Team box.

https://app.box.com/s/8z1c1b9009abwyv5r2sl044uvjw1kwev/1/4116909959
Here a small video testing the firmware:

The ICM2016rv42realCC is a different firmware version. It partially activates real control cruise from motorcontroller by pressing flash button.
the flash button limits the top speed, then you twist full throttle to fully activate CC.
It will only work if the CC is preactivated inside your motorcontroller. By default it is turned off.
Once activated, you cannot accelerate, you cannot cancel with flash button. In my opinion, the code is primitive and needs refinement, but demands plenty work.

Aircon
Re: testing ICM FRA Control Cruise

Just FYI, Dugas' software allows (almost) real cruise control. You press the horn button briefly and open the throttle. The speed is maintained up hill and down hill. Basically it limits the speed in the same way that top speed is limited. Braking turns off the limit.

I usually activate CC and hold throttle about 3/4 open. That will maintain the speed no matter what elevation change the road has

R
R's picture

Just FYI, Dugas' software allows (almost) real cruise control. You press the horn button briefly and open the throttle.

Yes, many Vectrix MC firmwares had the MC control cruise embeded inside their code. As Dougas firmwares are based on these Vectrix firmwares, they already have CC.
The great improvement of Dougas is the application to enable control cruise (by default, not enabled).
And the great improvement of Framugas real CC Icm firmware is to activate that control cruise with flash light button, no need to stupidly horn people around.

X Vectrix

Out of curiosity, when would you use cruise control such that you had to worry about the horn chirping?

R
R's picture

when would you use cruise control such that you had to worry about the horn chirping?

There's no horn chirping. Horn always sounds loud, at full power.
X Vectrix

If you tap the horn its a chirp (chirp enabled or not). Regardless of what you call it, when do you use CC when a horn sound matters?

boeingpilot

I have the Dugas firmware on my bike. Only downside I see to the horn is that sometimes when I need to beep at someone, and then add power I inadvertently activate cruise.

Other than that, it works perfectly (hats off to XVectrix)

2015 Tesla S90D
2009 Vectrix VX-1 Leaf Conversion
1983 Lambretta Lynx
1980 Vespa P200
2013 VW Jetta Hybrid (gone....)

Vicens

I tested the ICM2016rv4 firmware. It works perfect for me. The first days I did not know how it worked. I had to press the flash button a few times to set the cruise control.

I tested the ICM2016rv42realCC firmware. I tried configured to operate the cruise control. as explained in the instrupciones. I have not gotten it. This always makes me 30Ah firmware charged on drums. when the battery charge is not always at the same level of discharge. orange light indicating activated control transept. I can turn it off by pressing flash a few seconds.

Great work of Framuga

R
R's picture

as explained in the instrupciones. I have not gotten it.

So, you could not activate control cruise in MC1021.
Did you send correct command?:
ActivControlCruise.jpg

Maybe the control cruise program is missed in this MCfirmware version?

Vicens

as explained in the instrupciones. I have not gotten it.

So, you could not activate control cruise in MC1021.
Did you send correct command?:
ActivControlCruise.jpg

Maybe the control cruise program is missed in this MCfirmware version?

I tested the cruise control.

It is properly activated command.

cruise control does not work with firmware mc1021 and MC1022-a.

So I wanted to install the mc1014b of laird.

R
R's picture

So I wanted to install the mc1014b of laird.

there's no EVPS gold charger firmware paired with MC 1014b, you cannot use it, I'm sorry.
X Vectrix

MC firmware prior to version MC2042 will not respond to these cruise control commands. The CC function was compiled into the code. 2042 was the only version that had CC enabled via a CANbus command.

framuga

Thanks for the feedback. Thanks Roger for the valuable comments made gradually we improve the firmwares.
Indeed commands are only served with firmware 2042_4. Other revisions does not incorporate the code that implements the cruise control.
That is why I recompiled the following versions in which I added the code cruise control.
Nickel:
MC1014bA_70_120_140_CC.hex
MC1014bB_70_110_140_CC.hex
MC1021_CC.hex
Lithium leaf:
MC1014bC_70_123_142_CC.hex
MC1014bD_70_130_150_CC.hex
I think that will be useful for those with nickel versions and for those who have made conversion to leaf. They are beta versions, I've tried and that work. When beta versions perform flashing at your own risk. Do not forget that a failed attempt to flash the MC can leave your bike brick.
Thank you all

R
R's picture

Fantastic Job, Framuga, thank you.
I'll take the risk to test MC1014b

framuga

Fantastic!!! Thank you R

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new