Has anybody any new information about the z-20?

57 posts / 0 new
Last post
thecomish
Has anybody any new information about the z-20?

I was wondering as I am about to decide on buying a scooter. Has anyone gotten any news about delivery on the z-20?
Thanks......

DonCristobal
DonCristobal's picture
Re: Has anybody any new information about the z-20?

I too, like the others on the LONG Z-20 thread, have received an invoice from EVT America. When I last spoke with Fernando about a month ago he told me that he expected, considering a week long holiday and Typhoons, that the bikes would arrive in the first week of November. He also told me that the moment the bikes hit US Soil that he would invoice people. From that point the bikes would be shipped within 48 hours. Keep in mind that this is not fresh information, so perhaps the order of operations has changed. Anyhow, that's all I've got. Anyone else?

Don Cristobal
EVTA Z-20b
---
Ohm is where the heart is.

Mountain chen

could you ask Fernando to send you some pohotos of production and container loading ? If he could,then the delivery date would be true.

tincan
tincan's picture

I know fernando is trying to do this on the cheap, but this sounds like amateur hour. why didn't they have the shipping locked up? the engineering seems sound, but most of their problems sound like logistical and sales. they're obviously engineering types, not business managers.

to be honest, you guys might do better if you just bought a cheap gas scoot of a similar body design, pulled and sold the engine on ebay, bought the electric parts from the EVT-America supplier or another factory, and assembled it all yourselves. especially if a few of you are mechanically gifted and are willing to post instructions, you'll be less dependent on the Pruna bros.

personally, i made the call over the summer to buy a Genuine Stella (a vespa clone). yeah, it's a gas scoot: dirty, oily, etc. but the power is great and the ability to tour long distances is really nice!

JDELUNA

MOUNTAIN CHEN what factory was the E-max built in and how does the quality and design of the E-max compare to the quality and design of some of the other scooters such as the XM2000, Zapino, etc. ??? Thanks for any info. God Bless :)

Mountain chen

Old E-max was built in Guangdong province,you can find quality on http://www.kaseainternational.com/producs/Scooters/ELECTRIC-SCOOTERs.htm and http://www.texaserider.com/

New E-max is produce in Wuxi city close to Shanghai.....it is not found on market now,But I ever test their 60V battery on my ATV,it is very bad quality and unbalance.

Open mind speaking,E-max has better quality than XM2000,but less performance because its boost power come from current,which might damage the batteries all the time.

ZAPINO is not only better performance but also better quality than old E-max.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

M Chen - OK - fair enough a different set of people build them. However, just because you say they're more skilled workers doesn't instill a lot of confidence. Once upon a time not too long ago you were selling the XM2000 and claiming it was the best.

If memory serves me right I've seen about 3 posts about Zapino ownership on this board - two positive and one negative. That's about the same ratio of good vs. bad as the XM-2000 - but with a lot less folks posting about the Zapino.

Hey, if Zapino IS better then good luck to you. However, to put it bluntly I think it's all a lot of hot air - until we see more independent reports of Zapino ownership then however many pictures or personal stories you submit aren't much to base a buying decision on.

We, as a group, know much more about the XM2K than almost any other similar sized bike with similar performance on this forum. I'm not saying it's perfect (far from it). However, I stand by my claim that it's gowens best bet right now and even with the risks it's a worthwhile buy for the right sort of person.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Mountain chen

Actually XM2000 is poineer of ZAPINO based on motor technology,without testing on XM2000,we can't come out 6 phase motors.

XM2000 and E-runner 2 speed shift is the most reasonable motors,but its basic workmanship and management is too bad which brought the quality problem.More and more defect being found after they arrive in USA and we already improve based on these when we start with ZAPINO.

XM2000 and GreenEmotor had only one time order,but ZAPINO have been repeated 3 shipments from USA listed company,that's the proof.
DSC09496.jpg
DSC09482.jpg

Though Xtreme will import second shipment XM2000 based on ZAPINO technology.....Just wait the perfect new XM2000 toooooo

thecomish

I asked a question that is now so far off the subject of Z-20 information, that I think it should be in another forum. So again I am asking the question if anybody has any new news to report about delivery of their z-20's or r-20's?

Mountain chen

Very simple news on Z-20 and R-20,no production photos,no delivery !

Any manufactures with hundreds pcs big order,they would be excited to take some photos

DonCristobal
DonCristobal's picture

Thanks for pulling this thread back to the topic.

I think that the latest delay doesn't suggest that anyone is going to need a refund, progress continues to be made and it continues to happen at a snail's pace. What this speaks to is just more poor planning on the part of EVTA. I doubt, but who truly knows, that Walmart is making some concerted effort to dominate the freighters. Walmart probably does this every year and EVTA probably didn't do enough research and now are a bit screwed. When I spoke with Francisco ten days ago he mentioned "shipping troubles" but didn't call out anything about Walmart. He also said that it would take 17 days for the bike to ship from China. Best case scenario in my opinion would be Oct 1st.

I like the idea that someone suggested earlier on that these guys are a bunch of engineers not business people. I still think that their hearts are in the right place and that are sincerely trying to do good by there customers, there just not very good at it.

I hope that the bike turns out be great and that I get to ride "like a bat out of hell." ;-)

That was one phrase that didn't need to appear twice in the same video.

Don Cristobal
EVTA Z-20b
---

fcherny

Here's something new: If you go to the web site and follow the webshots image gallery link, there are some new pictures (uploaded Nov. 4) of the bikes in production. When I called, Fernando said the first shipment should ship soon and that he "hopes to have a pleasent surprise for me" very soon. Basically, he still doesn't have a ship date. And it will take 17 days to reach Seattle (which has been mentioned before here).

Oh well. It should arrive in time to make a nice Christmas present. :)

DonCristobal
DonCristobal's picture

It's nice to see that the bikes actually exist. There were about 70 unassembled chassis in one of those pics. Whaddya think, about 100 bikes for the first production run? Looks to be a solid shipping crate too, I wonder what the heck I am going to do with it once I pull my bike out.

Don Cristobal
EVTA Z-20b
---

DonCristobal
DonCristobal's picture

Does anyone feel like giving Fernando a ring? I think I have exhausted my inquiries for a while.

I think that when you give customers an estimate and then you miss that estimate you should at the very least offer frequent updates until you actually deliver. What's the deal EVTA? If it takes 17 days from china and if nothing has shipped yet that means none of us will get anything until December... Bah.

Don Cristobal
EVTA Z-20b
---

davew
davew's picture

I think that when you give customers an estimate and then you miss that estimate you should at the very least offer frequent updates until you actually deliver. What's the deal EVTA? If it takes 17 days from china and if nothing has shipped yet that means none of us will get anything until December... Bah.

Or perhaps they could even keep a blog like Tesla does. But no, EVTA keeps their customers very much in the dark except for vague, optimistic, semi-annual pronouncements about all the wonderful progress they are making. What they are doing is dodging accountability. I remember when they were going to sell in August of 2005. And, yes, there were pictures then too.

I don't have any advice to offer except don't believe anything that isn't in writing, and try not to get impatient. It will happen when it happens. Don't forget to add in some additional time for clearing customs. This can take quite a while depending on how busy the port is and how much due diligence the importer has done.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

gowens
gowens's picture

Info as of 11/13...

I sent an email to Fernando asking for weekly updates.

His response : )

From Fernando...
"We should be shipping out of China in about a week or so. We are now waiting for Sea Freight coordination from our shipper, Schenker, Inc. The latest delay has been as a result of shipping; we are ready.

As soon as we ship we will be notifying you directly.

Fernando"

Still a few weeks off with shipping, but getting there !

gowens
gowens's picture

I just checked into the shipper Fernando mentioned and found one of their shipping schedules.

http://www.schenker.com.hk/downloads/usa.pdf

So it takes 11-12 days from Hong Kong to the west coast.

FYI

seabass

I have just found updated pictures on web shots showing EVTA preparing a container shipment. You can see them at http://rides.webshots.com/album/561547176pFzLxe

It looks as if they are finally on the way to our market.
Seabass

Kelly

I Spoke with Fernado Friday and Saturday and he said that they were on the ship and I encouraged him to come into this forum (which it appears he did after our conversation). There is another thread here about his released statement regarding the procedure of what will happen once ship gets in. He seemed a little reluctant to come to the site but I did tell him that there were a fair number of his customers who had placed deposts participating in this discussion. He seemed to be more interested in mAking contact with the site after learning this information.

For the record, I'm new here, (first post) but I am delighted to have found this group. I was told about the EVT America bikes by a close friend who has been an early adopter for the last several years and has about three scooters. Some from Mountain Chen and a couple from some other makers - none EVT or EVT America. My friend runs a group called the Sustainable Transportaion Club which does a lot of pro-active lobbying, seminars and grass roots organization on electric vehicles here in the Santa Monica/Los Angeles area. All on a volunteer effort, not as a dealer or distributor.

I am a former City Councilman and Planning Commissioner for the City of Santa Monica. While I was on the Council in the early 1990's I created Santa Monica's alternative fuel vehicle policy which requires the City to buy alternative fueled vehicles. Recently I have been working with a trash hauling and recycling company and have convinced them to change their fleet of large collection trucks over to B100 biodiesel. This has been a huge success.

But I still drive a fossil fueled gas vehicle and I'm trying to walk the talk. Wanted to go to biodiesel, but finding a reasonable priced diesel car is hard in L.A. Everybody wants to buy one to go over to biodiesel. So since I have riden my friends electric mopeds which get to about 35mph (which is too slow to get out of the way of some of the idiot drivers in our town) I've been looking for a bike/moped in the 2K to 3K range that will do at least 40 on a constant basis and hopefully get up to 45 when needed without over heating.

This brings me to the EVT America R20. Sounds promising (from my laymans point of view) and after talking with Fernando, I feel confident that EVT America is really bringing in these bikes and that they are on a ship. I'm very interested and on the edge of ordering one, but as many here, I feel like I need to hear of somebody actually getting one a reporting on it.

gowens
gowens's picture

I also talked with Fernando recently and he stated that my scooter may already be on
a ship (R-20). I am surprised that he does not have a way to say without question where
each one is.

Has anyone gotten an email from the shipper ? Fernando stated that once the scooters
where on the boat it was in the shippers hands. I do not know how all this works
but perhaps once they reach land some communication will be available.

Also, Fernando mentioned that the Burmuda bound shipment had shipped a little while
ago. I recall a rental company interested in several so they may be the first to
report on the quality and performance. Just need to track them down.

Still waiting (not too patiently)

DonCristobal
DonCristobal's picture

Based on the Schenker shipping schedule some of the bikes will hit Los Angeles on December 7th. They pretty much have to be on this particular ship from China or the following which arrives Long Beach on Dec 14th, otherwise EVTA won't meet their "by Christmas" promise. Fernando did tell me that the moment they hit land they should hit most specific deliveries within 48 hours. I expect to receive request to pay my invoice by Thursday or Friday, no later, and then the bike itself early next week.

Don Cristobal
EVTA Z-20b
---

DWrath

I received my final invoice today from Fernando:

In a few days it will arrive at the Schenker Depot in Sumner, Washington, USA from where it will be sent directly to you by truck with a lift gate.

Your updated Invoice-Statement is attached. Please review it.

IF YOU HAVE ANY PENDING BALANCE IT IS NOW DUE. If so please make your check payable to EVTAMERICA and mail to address provided in your Invoice.

If your balance has not been settled when your motorcycle arrives at the Schenker Depot, it will be held there until any pending balance is paid in full to EVTAMERICA. Storage charges may apply.

Once again check carefully the shipping address to be sure that we have it right.

If necessary, Schenker can provide you with more detailed shipping information. If you need to make changes to your shipping arrangements please contact Nancy Storrs by writing to evtamerica [at] schenker.com

Thank you,

Fernando Pruna
EVT AMERICA

Hopefully we'll be receiving our long awaited motorcycles soon.

DonCristobal
DonCristobal's picture

DWrath,

Where do you live and when did you send in your money? Did you send in $1000 or $500?

Thanks.

Don Cristobal
EVTA Z-20b
---

DWrath

Hey DonCristobal,

I live in Dallas, TX. I put down $500 and sent it the later part of July.

DWrath

fcherny

I, too, received my "final invoice" yesterday. I live in Dallas and submitted my deposit in July. But I sent $1,000 to get on the "priority" list. It doesn't seem to have made any difference seeing that DWrath and I will be getting our bikes around the same time.

I asked Fernando when the bike shipped. He said it is scheduled to arrive in Washington on the 14th.

DonCristobal
DonCristobal's picture

I sent in $1000 in late August, I live California, and have heard nothing. Boo. :-)

Don Cristobal
EVTA Z-20b
---

Kelly

I looked at the shipping schedule linked here but didn't see a schedule for Seattle which is were the bikes are supposed to be landing. I was under the impression after my converesation from Fernando that they will be off loaded there and and then trucked to individuals and his statement posted above confirms this. Anybody see a shipping schedule that has Seattle as the destination?

medman1952

Goodness, I c a n n o t believe the people that are willing to send 500-1000 dollars on the promise that a scooter will be shipped sometime in the unknown future.

I hope not to offend but has anybody ever heard the expression "A fool and his money are soon separated." Seems to me a maximum of a ten percent deposit should hold an order for a customer. Has this Fernando got a reputation that is known by all in this community?

andrew
andrew's picture

I Spoke with Fernado Friday and Saturday and he said that they were on the ship and I encouraged him to come into this forum (which it appears he did after our conversation). There is another thread here about his released statement regarding the procedure of what will happen once ship gets in. He seemed a little reluctant to come to the site but I did tell him that there were a fair number of his customers who had placed deposts participating in this discussion. He seemed to be more interested in mAking contact with the site after learning this information.

Can you link to that other thread? Can you link to any posts by Fernando?

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

fcherny

kelly posted:

"I looked at the shipping schedule linked here but didn't see a schedule for Seattle which is were the bikes are supposed to be landing."

Fernando's e-mail says the bikes have been shipped to the "Schenker Depot in Sumner, Washington". Is that the same as Seattle?

gowens
gowens's picture

I emailed evtamerica asking for some solid information
on shipping. Not an unreasonable request since I have
been waiting for 4 months (and it is paid in full).
No answer.

I also emailed the shipper asking for any status.
No answer.

Argggg

Has anyone actually gotten a delivery date ?

Pages

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage