ZAPINO range problem

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Janny
ZAPINO range problem

Hi,I am new comer and I bought a 2008 ZAPINO 2 months before.

I released the top speed to be 40MPH according to what post on Forum one month before.

But now the range on each charge drop to 15mile.....is it Battery dead ?? What should I do now ? This range don't fulfil my daily driving .

Zapino_switch1.jpg

davew
davew's picture
Re: ZAPINO range problem

This would be the expected behavior. More speed means less range. What was your range before the modification?

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

Mountain chen

Power is not everything,reasonable power with matching battery would be wise choice.

2007 ZAPINO would be much longer range at the same speed,because its less AMP and smaller power compare with 2008 ZAPINO

Janny

This would be the expected behavior. More speed means less range. What was your range before the modification?

Yes,original 30mph speed could be double range,but such low speed is too dangerous at heavy traffic.

andrew
andrew's picture

An extra range-extender pack could be added, if you have any room on the scooter or in saddle bags. Range should increase about directly with the added capacity. If you could fit five 12v 20 ah batteries, than you might be able to get about 23.5 miles range without the speed restriction.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

sgmdudley

I relocated the two speed switch into the storage box under the seat so I can switch.
I use low at around 25mph for range and high when I just want to zip around town at
35mph (I can go over 40 mph actual). I had to register my Zapino as a Moped because the Dept Of motor Vehicles would not register it as a motorcyle. Thus I really am legally restricted to 30mph. So no big deal for me.

Robert Dudley
E-Scoot Tech

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Yes,original 30mph speed could be double range,but such low speed is too dangerous at heavy traffic.

Janny,

You might consider using a Cycle Analyst. This device can give you control over the throttle voltage and this indirectly gives you control over the max amps being drawn. This device will allow you to fine tune range vs. top speed. Search for usatracy's posts on installing a Cycle Analyst on this forum and/or drop him a line via the NovaScooter's site or their own message board (voltsrider.net) where he goes by the name of ScooterTech. He's a very helpful guy and has done this with his own scooter(s). He can likely guide you through the process.

Just my 2 cents worth.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage