eGO 2 lithium ion batteries, and good RV battery solutions?

No replies
yodasnaps
yodasnaps's picture

Hey,
New member here that has sworn to get out of his car for commuting. I just ordered a an eGO 2 SE to cover those days I wont ride my bike. Already, I know I want another battery solution. The two lead-acid 12v, 34ah batteries weigh fifty pounds together and I'm thinking I'll get higher speed, longer life, and ride-per-charge-mileage with a lithium ion solution. Ideas?

Next, I bought a used RV a couple of years ago. The gelled electrolyte battery in it crapped out in less that six months. That battery was not two years old in total. I replaced it with a "wet" lead-acid Marine Deep Cycle. That battery has just crapped out after 18 months. I don't think it ever held a charge sufficiently. One evening of conscientious use of lighting and the battery is drained, and it never re-charges to full capacity. I charge the battery before I store the RV, but it does sit for a month or so between me running lights and charging again. I don't want to buy a battery every 18 months. Perhaps, I am killing the batteries? Ideas or a better solution would be much appreciated.

Love my Zappy
and eGo2 SE scooters
Cheers!
Yodasnaps

style="display:block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-2401070691062219"
data-ad-slot="2079401426"
data-ad-format="auto">

Simply Car-free How to Pedal Toward Financial Freedom and a Healthier Life
Internal Combustion: How Corporations and Governments Addicted the World to Oil and Derailed the Alternatives
JOLT!: The Impending Dominance Of The Electric Car And Why America Must Take Charge
Revenge of the Electric Car The electric car is not only back from the dead, it's inevitable
The Crash Course: The Unsustainable Future Of Our Economy, Energy, And Environment
Question Internal Combustion - Bumper Sticker

Who's new

• Mickel1992
  • hendrichst
  • patjeremlinux
  • zyhgqd
  • chrisup
Customize This