Saftey first !

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
JamesS
JamesS's picture
Saftey first !

Hello all,

Thought I might share a easy add-on that improves my dusk time riding. I picked up a pair of super bright LEDs at walmart for less than $4.00. They are for puting your license plate on a car. The thread on them is the same as the large bolt in the middle of the front fairing. Pull out the bolt, screw in the LED and splice into the instrument panel lamps and viola, a running light when you select tail lamp on and not running your headlights. Dusk can be a dangerous time for us on scooters, so I had been using my headlamps before I really needed them. Also I have looked for replacment lamps for the headlights and cannot find any in auto parts stores.

imgx244.jpg

P.S. Get yourself a good bicycle helmet and wear it.

Happy scootering
JamesS

JamesS
JamesS's picture
Re: Saftey first !

Darn thorns here in NM. Another front flat, The most dangerous to us riding scooters. I run slime in my tubes, but still get flats. I just had another front flat. On the XB-600 the tires are so thin that a flat at any speed could be a disaster, no side wall support.
I was lucky that it was not a blow out. I felt it get squirmy before it went flat.
I recommend you ride with 20 - 25psi in you front tire to see what it feels like when the front tire is going low. Then you will know what a front tire going flat feels like.
If your front tire blows, I don't think you have a chance of maintaining control if at full speed.

Happy scooting,
JamesS

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage