Need help wiring ecrazyman brushed controller

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
hamblin10
Need help wiring ecrazyman brushed controller

I purchased a 36v 800 watt brushed controller from ecrazyman. The input has three wires but my throttle on the BD36 has 4 wires. Has anybody wired this controller before. I appreciate any help with this.

alnvilma
Re: Need help wiring ecrazyman brushed controller

That is the same controller I used. The thing is for an electric scooter (primarily) so the throttle connection has no fourth wire for the low batt indicator used for bicycle kits. [I think that was the purple wire?]. I just wired an old throttle end to those 3 so I could plug them together but no reason you can't just splice the red/black/green to the red/black/blue.
Ecrazyman answers his emails and his products work great IMO.
p.s. Don't forget to short the 'power lock' wires together or it won't work at all!

engr_scotty
engr_scotty's picture

I'm no expert, but this sounds a lot like the fuel guage LED on the throttle body is the 4th wire. You can do a voltage check on the extra to see if it's at the battery voltage.

Here is a link to the ebikes.ca site explaining the 4th wire (on their controller (Clyte)..but it's probably the same):

schematic:
http://ebikes.ca/store/diagrams/Rectangular-4-Pin-Connector.gif

explanation:
http://ebikes.ca/store/store_controllers.php

g'luck!

I purchased a 36v 800 watt brushed controller from ecrazyman. The input has three wires but my throttle on the BD36 has 4 wires. Has anybody wired this controller before. I appreciate any help with this.
------------
Eric Hamblin

reikiman
reikiman's picture

I just received my ecrazyman controller and the above was helpful. I was reusing the wilderness energy throttle and needed to figure out the mapping from that throttle to the pins on the controller, and the info I got from ecrazyman wasn't enough.

The colors on the wires on my throttle didn't match any known wire color but the placement of wires was perfect.

Keywin sent me the following info for pinouts:-

Battery red to battery + black to battery -

Motor blue to motor + yellow to motor -

Power locks power switch,connect blue with red will be power on

Brake connect black witn yellow the motor will stop working

Throttle red to throttle +5v black to throttle GND blue to throttle speed signal

For some reason the connector for the throttle is labeled "to put" I'm puzzled by that. However connecting the red to +5 wire on the throttle connector etc worked fine.

That leaves one connector unconnected.. the "indicator light". He didn't tell me what to do with that one. It may be usable as a battery gauge indicator or it may be a simple light. But what's the voltage? It doesn't hurt anything to leave it unconnected probably.

For the 'power lock' connector I made up a connector with a simple wire loop. Rather than have a keyswitch, if I want to turn the system off I pull that connector with its loop and that acts as the key.

The connectors for this are oddball, I've never seen this kind of connector. However electricscooterparts.com carries these exact connectors. Fortuitously I'd ordered a controller and some connectors from them for a different bicycle I'm refurbishing.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage