Replacement batteries

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
pyjohnson
Replacement batteries

My bike has been off the road for a week or so and required to have new batteries installed.

Bike is 6 months old, 3200 miles covered.

Here are the symtoms to look out for

A few weeks ago, I noticed that after my usual commuting runs that the temperature of the batteries were going up every time I rode the bike. Up from 28-30DegC to 35-38DegC. The weather is getting cooler here in Scotland so I thought batteries should be getting colder not warmer.

I contacted Vectrix Tec about it. They said not to worry as temperatures were still within Vectrix parameters.

Over the next few days temeratures just as high, but I was now getting the battery light coming on. First time was just as I arrived home with 5 bars and 10 mile range left. The next day it came on 5 miles earlier covering the same journey.

Contacted Vectrix Tec and they said now thats not right and would send someone to have a look.

The next day the battery light came on going to work, and on even sooner on the way home, and the temp bathot combo a few miles from home. Something is very wrong so no more commuting till it's fixed.

A Vectrix Tec phoned me to say he would come round and load new charging software to see if that would help, but he required the bike to be flat to do the work. So I set out to flatten it and ended up having the dissapearing bars syndrome, 15 miles range and 7 bars then nothing and I was 7 miles from home. I've never had that before. After a few phone calls my wife arrived with my generator and the Vectrix Tec. Loaded the software and charged it enough to get home. Was to charge it over night and report back to the Vectrix Tec.

The bike took nearly 6 hours to charge and only 15/17 bars, took the bike for a run and within 3 miles the battery light came on and temp and bathot combo on half a mile later. :-(

They think it is either the PCB on one of the battery packs or a faulty cell within a pack. So new batteries were ordered

A few days ago the Vectrix tec came and fitted the new batteries, so I'm back up and running again, need to do a few test runs and charges and report back then I should be OK for commuting again.

It's nice getting back on the Vectrix again.

AndY1
AndY1's picture
Re: Replacement batteries

Interesting. I'll see what the tech will say when he comes to diagnose my high charging battery temperature. I'll tell them to bring the new charging software too.

pyjohnson
Re: Replacement batteries

Charging temps were normal for me, it was during running that I had the high temps. 26DegC to bathot in 3.5 miles.

Regards,
Peter

-----------------------------------------------------------
Central Scotland

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage