Problem with flashing Battery and Temp telltale

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
marsupi
marsupi's picture
Problem with flashing Battery and Temp telltale

I posted earlier that I too suffered the flashing battery and temp lights syndrome
Well I dropped off my scoot 3 weeks ago at the Paris dealer and it's still not fixed. Supposedly they are "working on it" and have not yet found the cause of the problem. Not very encouraging...

I've read quite a few negative reviews on several forums about the Vectrix-Paris (only French distributor at the moment) in terms of pricing,service and delays and let's just say this doesn't help comfort their reputation and regrettably that's just not good for Vectrix business.

I'm hoping Vectrix headquarters in Rome will help sort this out. if anyone has direct contacts there, I'm interested.

will keep you posted.
Marsupi.

AndY1
AndY1's picture
Re: Problem with flashing Battery and Temp telltale

Tell them if they can't fix the bike by themselves, that they should contact Vectrix Rome and that they send the tech from Poland to repair your bike. He fixed mine and he was very knowledgeable and knew what he was doing.

Keep us posted.

marsupi
marsupi's picture

I've sent an email to the manager and CC the customer service and VP of marketing in Rome to shake the coconut tree...we'll see what comes of it.

07 Vectrix, Vego 600 mod.48V 800W, Arcade Alu E-Cycle 24VSachs Hub

marsupi
marsupi's picture

Good news...I can pick up my scooter tomorrow.
Here's what I've been told, the batteries were replaced and the firmware upgraded.
Apparently they are doing a full charge/discharge on the bench to check everything is ok...

It's a 2007 frame (old VIN#) but it was assembled in June 08 (so says the sticker on the battery box). I don't know if the battery recall still applied in this case or if the problems were different or multiple , hopefully I will know more tomorrow if I can talk to the tech.

I guess good things fall from the tree...

undead

Hmmm. When I had my brief problem with mine (2 days and went away by itself) - the vectrix tech said it may be a sensor which is a stripdown job. This was a tech employed by vectrix direct -so I am wondering if your people are not allowed to change temp sensors, and send the batteries back to Vectrix to have the work done then have them sitting on a shelf waiting to go out. Ford do the same with their new engines - any major engine work and the engine is swapped out, and sent back for reconditioning.

I think I have the newer battery pack as my bike was built from new back 4 months ago - so far so good....

Mik
Mik's picture

I think I have the newer battery pack as my bike was built from new back 4 months ago - so far so good....

What guided you to this conclusion?

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

undead

Had to wait several weeks to get the bike beacuse they had sold all their current stock. Had to wait an extra 5 or so weeks for the thing to be built then shipped.

jmap
jmap's picture

I think that I have the same problem too. I'm waiting to be called to them to fix it.

marsupi
marsupi's picture

So I finally pick it up this afternoon.
The initial problem was indeed a faulty temp module (short circuit somewhere in the harness) but they decided to replace the batteries. Apparently among the issues with the "old" pack (mine was dated from 06/2008) was the undersizing of some of the wiring leads that caused overheating, but mine certainly didn't have time to get hot (less than 100Km driven at moderate pace and <15°C ambient). Regardless they decided to replace the whole deal, they come in two boxes pre-assembled from the factory with temp modules and all they just have to reconnect the Anderson connectors.
They also updated to the latest firmware version, with the delayed charge timer. The told me the rest time is a bit longer in between each charging phase. They did a full charge last night, we'll see what happens.
The ride back from the dealer seemed not as peppy as before but that might be because the batteries are still brand new or it's just an impression.
Anyway so far so good, brand new batteries that's certainly a good thing, if only they hadn't lost my darn registration card...

I just got the Energy LOGGER 3500 from VOLTCRAFT in the mail yesterday available at www.conrad.de
I'll try to get some charge data and post it. it features an SD slot to save the data and software (but can probably do just as well with regular spreadsheet soft)
Logger3500.jpg

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage