Vectrix Fairing Improvements - Hot Food or Cold Drinks, anyone???

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mik
Mik's picture
Vectrix Fairing Improvements - Hot Food or Cold Drinks, anyone???

The makersof the ice box claim it's the best one in the world ..... I'm such a sucker, I could not resist but put it onto the Vectux.

It is the centerpiece of the aerodynamic tail which I have in mind for it.

The lockable strap-down will also be able to hold a generator or several bails of cane-mulch or a days worth of firewood down without bending the edge of the seat up.

The small hooks will hold everyday stuff like a backpack, but too much tension and it will bend the seat and then it might let water in.

Of course, you'll have to loose the passenger hand rail for all of this.

moccasin
moccasin's picture
Re: Vectrix Fairing Improvements - Hot Food or Cold Drinks, ...

will also be able to hold a generator or several bails of cane-mulch or a days worth of firewood down

Sometimes I worry about you Mik! HAHA!! ;-)

Have you seen the Vectrix prototype units for mail delivery service? I like the built in "tour pak" that it uses instead of a back seat. I rarely ever carry a passenger (ain't what I bought this thing for), but packing a few groceries on the way home everyday would be nice without having to unzip, flip out and attach my ride pak, then put it all away when I get home. Don't much care for the looks and small volume of the hang-off-the-back- Givi style boxes.

On the other hand, I don't think you could get a bale of cane mulch or firewood in those mail bikes either! HAHA!! ;-)

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Vectrix Fairing Improvements - Hot Food or Cold Drinks, ...

Sometimes I worry about you Mik! HAHA!! ;-)

Have you seen the Vectrix prototype units for mail delivery service? I like the built in "tour pak" that it uses instead of a back seat. I rarely ever carry a passenger (ain't what I bought this thing for), but packing a few groceries on the way home everyday would be nice without having to unzip, flip out and attach my ride pak, then put it all away when I get home. Don't much care for the looks and small volume of the hang-off-the-back- Givi style boxes.

On the other hand, I don't think you could get a bale of cane mulch or firewood in those mail bikes either! HAHA!! ;-)

The main problem with normal Top-boxes is that the weight in them is located behind the rear wheel. Therefore it lifts the front end of the scooter a little bit and makes it wobble. That is why the maximum weight allowed for the Vectrix top-box is so little (I forgot the exact number).

But the passenger seat can handle lots more weight!

This is also the only way I can see how to securely strap down a generator. The two bolts on the sides of the rear seat go into a sturdy welded part of the frame.

The belt which I attached was originally designed for securing surfboards to a car roof. It has a lockable clamp, and inside each side of the woven plastic strap is a stainless steel wire. It's about as tough as a safety belt with added wires (against theft)!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage