Quotations are all buggered up!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mik
Mik's picture
Quotations are all buggered up!

It appears that since the recent software upgrade on V the "quote" function is different from before.

Whenever there is an empty line in the quote, the text below it appears out of the quotation, as if written by the author who is quoting.

Often that is not too hard to see through, but it has also affected all the old posts; and those that had multiple quotes included in the text are now a mess, some very hard to comprehend, because quotes and answers are mixed up badly.

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Quotations are all buggered up!

It appears that since the recent software upgrade on V the "quote" function is different from before.

Whenever there is an empty line in the quote, the text below it appears out of the quotation, as if written by the author who is quoting.

Often that is not too hard to see through, but it has also affected all the old posts; and those that had multiple quotes included in the text are now a mess, some very hard to comprehend, because quotes and answers are mixed up badly.

This is what the above post looks like when it is quoted! Of course I cannot replicate it now, bugger!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Mik
Mik's picture

This is what the above post looks like when it is quoted! Of course I cannot replicate it now, bugger!

This time I quoted the reply to the original post, and it seems this shows the error I am talking about. The sentences: "This is what the above post looks like when it is quoted! Of course I cannot replicate it now, bugger! " should have been in a quote field.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Hmm...

The "quote" button uses the BBCODE style quote function (which doesn't work) and the quote button above uses <blockquote> which does work.

Webmaster
Webmaster's picture

It's an already known issue: http://drupal.org/node/449772

- David Herron, http://longtailpipe.com/

Webmaster
Webmaster's picture

This time I quoted the reply to the original post, and it seems this shows the error I am talking about. The sentences: "This is what the above post looks like when it is quoted! Of course I cannot replicate it now, bugger! " should have been in a quote field.

Ah, I seem to have fixed it.

- David Herron, http://longtailpipe.com/

Mik
Mik's picture

Ah, I seem to have fixed it.

You have, indeed! Thank you very much!

I also checked one of the more complex old threads, it makes sense again.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage