Mavizen TTX02 teaser pictures, and announcement next week

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Mavizen TTX02 teaser pictures, and announcement next week

Mavizen (TTXGP) has been releasing a series of pictures and teaser information about the TTX02 bike. This is positioned as an electric superbike and targeted at teams who want to enter the TTXGP races. Over in the EV Racing forum I just posted a link to the TTXGP 2010 rules. I've been talking with Azhar and have a few bits of knowledge I cannot release until November 3.

The bottom line is they're planning to have 50 electric motorcycles ready for sale in Q1/2010 and these are meant for teams who wish to enter the TTXGP races. TTXGP entries don't have to buy this bike - they can build their own of course - but it's meant to give a leg up for anybody who wants to participate. The design is derived from Team Agni's winning bike design, in cooperation with Team Agni and Cedric Lynch.

I just posted an article on examiner.com: More info on the electric superbike coming soon from Mavizen

TTX02_Sidemotion2-web.jpg

Someone posting on Asphalt & Rubber has identified this as a KTM RC8 frame. Azhar had told me they'd gotten the frames from a 'large manufacturer'. In my mailbox is an unblurred picture which I cannot release until Nov 3.

804W4985-web.jpg

The TTX01 in foreground, a tarp covered bike in the back.

MavizenTail-web.jpg

dp
Re: Mavizen TTX02 teaser pictures, and announcement next week

http://www.mavizen.com/Home.html

The site looks different. Is that the bike?

reikiman
reikiman's picture

No, that's not the bike, it's not tomorrow yet. You'll notice perhaps that the bike being shown right now on the site says "TTX-01" rather than "TTX-02".

marylandbob

It is 11:19 AM, 3 November,2009 here on the east coast of the USA! Cough it up! WHERE are the pictures/details on the new bike??-Bob

Robert M. Curry

dp

13:05 PST so a while yet.

dp
reikiman
reikiman's picture

Yeah, that's the picture I was about to post. And the article is in line with what Azhar had told me. I am pretty sure he hasn't sent me an info packet yet, and he didn't reply to my email earlier today.

He said to me the onboard computer is Linux based (picolinux) and would be reprogrammable by teams to any degree they wish. I wasn't able to learn from him whether that included all the control software, whether control software would be under an open source license or what the deal for that is.

dp

"Yeah, that's the picture I was about to post."

Sorry to steal your thunder. I get excited about these things.

I thought there would be an explosion of information today...pretty quiet.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

I found an unrelated announcement and made a separate posting:
http://visforvoltage.org/forum/7808-2010-infineon-schedule-includes-ttxgp-class-ama-pro-weekend

Noticed on the Mavizen site they describe the TTX03 as a project they're contemplating to create a motocross bike.

Azhar had told me for the 2010 season they plan not only road bike racing but also motocross racing under the TTXGP banner. There was a blog.ttxgp.com post which alluded to this, that they may include in the Isle of Man event a motocross event ...

I'm unsure why Mavizen would get into building a motocross bike. Azhar's goal with Mavizen is for it to be the hardware arm of TTXGP and to provide bikes to teams so that the TTXGP races have teams which can race. It's a kind of chicken and egg situation, without bikes there might not be teams to race, without the race there won't be the incentive for teams to form, and without racers there might not be enough market for companies to form to supply bikes. But in electric motocross there are at least two companies already selling adequate bikes (Zero and Quantya). But he's the boss so it's up to him what they do. I'm just a lowly reporter.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Finally got a press release from the Mavizen people and have my article up:

Mavizen's all electric supermotorcycle for the TTXGP circuit is revealed

DSC_1567-web.jpg

DSC_1586-web.jpg

Also this video:-

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76