no battery charging on vectrix

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
robwhite
robwhite's picture
no battery charging on vectrix

Its been a very hot week in adelaide with 3 days in a row of 39c
I have been watching the battery temp and at one stage it reached 50c and the bathot warnig appeared on the dash. However after a small trip yesterday I noticed the range display was reading zero but I had about 3/4 of my battery bars still but the battery bars were flucuating up and down by about 2 bars depending on whether you accelerated or not I have been using the pre cooling method to delay the charge by holding in the right brake lever whilst turning the key off and this has been working ok untill now but when I plug in now I get nothing ..no fans no charge can anyone suggest what I can look for please I have almost 4000 klms on it now
regards rob

AndY1
AndY1's picture
Re: no battery charging on vectrix

I would never charge when temperature of the room, the Vectrix is, is above 30°C. That's the core of your problem and if you continue to charge it at this temperature, your battery life is going to be very short.

robwhite
robwhite's picture

thanks for your warning I have been charging at night between 12am and 2am each morning but I do need to put a little in at work as it is 31 klms to work In adelaide we regulary get temps over 30c in summer Sounds like I might need to drag the car out on hot days? regards rob

rob white

procrastination inc
procrastination inc's picture

I'm in the same boat as you rob

NE Vic at about the same latitude, same sort of weather.

I avoid riding an if the air temp is over 30, I'll charge at home with air conditioned air even if it is over 30.

It'll be nice to hear how the the guy in WA who is putting lithium cells in his bike finds their hot weather performance. The NiMH cells seem to be a real achilles heel.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage