vectric throttle operating in reverse

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
robwhite
robwhite's picture
vectric throttle operating in reverse

I picked up my near new vectrix today (1500klm on clock) and had trouble with the throttle working in reverse ? ie. the more I turned it on the harder the regen brakes came on until I came to a stop then it reset itself and off you go again for a bit until it happens again ? Also if you turn the throttle forward to the regen area the scooter actually speeds up a little ? The bike has been sitting at the auctions for about 8 weeks I asked the auctioneer the day before I picked it up to put it on charge so it was fully charged when I collected it I also read on your forum that the correct calibration for the throttle in its resting position should read 43 klms this is correct Has any one else come across this problem or could suggest to me what to look for ? I find this very dangerous to ride in heavy traffic when this happens as you dont know when the brakes are going to come on
I have found that if you turn off the key and reboot it some times goes away?
regards rob

X Vectrix
Re: vectric throttle operating in reverse

Rob
While the kill switch is off and left brake lever pulled, rotate throttle to full regen then to full forward...does the speedo needle smoothly drop to about 15 (regen) then 110 at full forward? With neutral at 43?
Is so, the throttle signal is probably fine and there is a problem with the encoder. The fix may be as simple as removing the encoder cover and cleaning out the encoder area with compressed air. Be careful in there tho, dont bend the encoder disk.

robwhite
robwhite's picture

yes the needle moves smoothly to the ranges you mentioned I will have a look under the cover on the motor I wont upset the programing will I ?

rob white

X Vectrix

No, as long as you dont remove the encoder disk.
Can you explain in more detail exactly what happens from when you enable it till you get this behaviour?

robwhite
robwhite's picture

I pulled the shiny chrome looking cover off of the motor it was pretty clean inside Is the encoder cover the plastic cover that is held in with 4 hexagon headed bolts which is exposed when I removed the outer cover ?

rob white

X Vectrix

Yes remove the inner one also. You will see the encoder

mikemitbike
mikemitbike's picture

Hi there, have a closer look to the collaborative handbook initialized by MIK: Sensor Issues and yellow-wrench-error

Throttle-callibration comes with: Problems with throttle and killswitch look for Mon, 11/03/2008

Greetings Mike

moccasin
moccasin's picture

Since you are a new Vectrix owner, now might be a good time to mention that you should NOT have your hand on the throttle while the bike is booting up as you turn the key on! Any movement or off idle position of the throttle will cause an error in throttle calibration for the duration of that ride, until you shut her down and reboot.

Although your symptoms sound more significant than what is normally caused by throttle movement during bootup, it woulnd't hurt to check your habits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage