Cassette wobble

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
thommango
Cassette wobble

I've had my PL-350 kit for a few months now. While the electrical components are working flawlessly, I've noticed a mechanical defect. The cassette is not properly aligned with the axle. The cassette wobbles about when the wheel is in motion. I know that some wobble is not uncommon and is usually not problematic. However in this case, the wobble seems excessive. Even after adjusting the gears, they never seem to align well enough. There is always gear chatter.

I have complained to my bike dealer about this problem. They tried replacing the cassette and tuning the gears, but the problem is still there. They've also told me that cassettes often wobble on their axles, but I haven't been able to find another bike that has nearly as much wobble. I suppose I should have a conversation with the bionx folks about this and see if there's a remedy. Has anybody else experienced excessive cassette wobble on their bionx wheel?

jim96r
Re: Cassette wobble

Yes, I've experienced that much wobble, and very bad shifting with DSC00516_0.JPG motor hubs.
I've done some shopping for different cassettes with no luck. I've taken apart the freewheel
and tried adjusting it, but it actually worked better adjusted loose.
You might also experience a bit of noise from your cassette, and a bit of oiling helps a lot.

Jim

jthmi

Is it really a cassette (slide on with lockring) or a thread on freewheel with integrated bearings?

JTH/Amp Brothers Electric Cycles/MI

jim96r

It's really a threaded on freewheel? (-:

Jim

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage