Just to disclose, I am an employee of the Trikke company. That said, I am also an avid rider of both the strictly body powered line of vehicles, and the electric line of vehicles. I personally use one of the Trikke Pon-e 48v for my daily commute to work to save gas and reduce my carbon footprint. Simply said, I love, LOVE, my pon-e.
I snagged the specs from the trikke website:
– Foldable lightweight robust frame built with
aircraft grade aluminum AL6061
– Fully adjustable handlebars
– Dual disc brakes with parking lock
– Aluminum rims with Abec5 sealed bearings
10" front 9.5" rear, motorcycle grade tires
– slick aerodynamic design fairing,
UV resistant and impact absorbing ABS.
– 350W brushless free-wheel hub motor
(550W peak power)
– 48V-11.25Ah Panasonic lithium-ion quick-swap battery
– 46lbs with battery – 37lbs w/out battery
– 18mph (25km/h) max speed – motor only
– 24 miles (38km) range
– 3h recharge time (full)
* Suggested Weight Limit: 250 lbs
* Suggested Height Range: 5' to 6'3"
* Recommended Ages: 12+
I seriously recommend giving these a shot. You can use it for in-town commuting or small runs to the store, and it is a blast while you save your gas.