Hi All, I forgot to introduce myself

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
toolboxjesse
Hi All, I forgot to introduce myself

My name is Jesse and I currently live in Atlanta, GA. I am an automotive engineer and have been riding motorcycles for more than 25 years (I started at age 12 with motocross bikes so I'm not so old ;-)). I have been performing almost all of my own work on cars and motorcycles since my teens (except for tires).

I got into scooters about 7 years ago after a near-miss while on a sport-bike persuaded me that these things are just too dangerous with bad "cage" drivers on the road. After a 2 year break from riding I started to get "that itch" and I bought a 250CC Honda Reflex (aka Forza I believe in other parts of the world.) 3 years ago I bought a Honda Silver Wing 600 and use that as my daily driver for a 45-mile round-trip commute.

I have had my eye on the Vectrix for many years, since around 2005, and I purchased one (Silver 2007 with 600mi) a few weeks ago from another member of this forum. I have only driven it about 50 miles so far for quick trips around Atlanta. I am very interested in eventually swapping to LiIon when the time comes and am always looking for accessories and maintenance tips.

Best regards,
Jesse in Atlanta

toolboxjesse
Re: Hi All, I forgot to introduce myself

BTW- Looking for a center stand and various other parts.

Jesse

Jesse in Atlanta

toolboxjesse

(Silver 2007 with 600mi)

I meant 6000 miles.

Jesse

Jesse in Atlanta

toolboxjesse

I meant 6000 miles

Jesse in Atlanta

oobflyer
oobflyer's picture

Hi Jesse,

Congrats and welcome - I converted my '07 Vectrix to Li-ion last year:

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/11525-50ah-li-ion-conversion-successful

using Antiscab's kit:

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/10583-vectrix-lithium-conversion-kit

I then updated the charging software, using The Laird's modified firmware:

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/10169-modifying-vectrix-charger-programme

I now have a 5.7 kWh, 50AH bike that will go a good 40-50 miles on the freeway. I rode the 46 miles to my son's place, at about 55 MPH, and made it with a bit of energy to spare.

Antiscab (Matt) is a genius - he knows the bike inside and out - he was very helpful via email/telephone to work out some of the details/glitches - I highly recommend his kit and his expertise when you are ready to do the conversion.

Happy riding

toolboxjesse

Thanks oobflyer- I'll check it out. I watched the first half of Antiscab's video on youtube and as brilliant as he is, I would never let him touch any of my bikes (Did you see how many times the lift-chain rubbed against the bodywork!!!Yikes!!!) But i would gladly accept his advice :-).

Jesse in Atlanta

Jesse in Atlanta

toolboxjesse

Hopefully someone will eventually develop a (reasonably priced)one-box drop-in kit for the US market that doesn't require chopping up parts of the bike by the time I am ready to upgrade. That's something I would like to see.

Jesse in Atlanta

Jesse in Atlanta

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage