Lift out batteries without any lifting gear.

1 post / 0 new
ofx210p
Lift out batteries without any lifting gear.

Just thought i'd let you know about something i discovered - necessity is the mother of invention.

I had to get my batteries out of my bike this morning but didn't have any lifting gear or straps or anything to hand. All in different places.

Bear in mind I am an ordinary guy who generally is more used to hitting keyboards than exercise.

So presented with a pack that is near impossible to move , there IS a method.

* Obviously get the covers off etc
* Uncover the cells
* On the rear pack remove the connectors and then unscrew the two middle 10mm nuts that hold the spacer/seperator/plastic clamps.
* Unbolt each of the two top cell interconnectors that attach it to the lower cells.
* Lift out each 9 cell strip so the top layer has been removed and put them to one side.
* Put the plastic spacers back on and screw the 10mm nuts back on
* You now have a pack that is 2/3rd the weight and you can use the plastic retainers as lifting bars for each hand this then means you can get purchase and lift out this pack.

The front pack can then be slid backwards and because its smaller/lighter than the other pack you can get fingers underneath it and it can be lifted out on its own.

Obviously the same COULD be done as the rear pack but i've never found the front to be problematic.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage