Easy Way to Monitor Charging Process

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
oobflyer
oobflyer's picture
Easy Way to Monitor Charging Process

Check it out - using one of these wifi switches you can monitor the charging, turn it on and off, all remotely using a smart phone:

Switch1.jpgSwitch2.jpg

--->>>Charging at 10A, 15kW<<<---------->>>Charging at 1A, 200W<<<-------->>>Charging finished<<<-------
Switch3.jpgSwitch4.jpgSwitch5.jpg

MEroller
MEroller's picture
Re: Easy Way to Monitor Charging Process

So that means the switching devices need to be in WiFi-Range of the smart phone? No GSM connection?
How far might the possible WiFi-range be, through how many (stone) walls and stories?

I have a similar device with it's own receiver/transmitter, that can not only switch the charging plug on and off, but also counts the Wh and even has a built-in timer. But it is not smart phone capable...

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

oobflyer
oobflyer's picture

Once you connect via your smart phone you can monitor it from anywhere. I went out to dinner last night (in the car) and checked the charging process from the restaurant.
This Belkin device can also be programmed to turn on and off with a timer (I haven't tried it yet).

When I read (on this forum) a few years ago about the onboard charger design flaw - specifically the charger continues to draw current after charging is terminated - I've been careful to unplug the bike right away when charging is complete. Now I don't have to go back and forth to the garage to check on the charging process.

PJD
PJD's picture

Is it also operable from a plain old PC w/Windows XP or Windows 7?

R
R's picture

When I read (on this forum) a few years ago about the onboard charger design flaw - specifically the charger continues to draw current after charging is terminated

Another flawn: Sometimes the EDS charger's firmware freezes, and the charger keeps on charging the battery at full intensity.
With my lithium conversion, if a cell reaches over-voltage, the BMS opens an AC relay and stops the charge, the freezing effect does not kill the battery.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage