Bus Can Speeds

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Meridiaan
Meridiaan's picture
Bus Can Speeds

Hi everybody,

I did a successful conversion to a 18650 batterypack 36P36S and now I am planning to buy a new Zeva EVMS Lite V2 with 3 Zeva 12S BMS module(Including EVMS monitor).
In the comments from Zeva there is a particular question of which one of you maybe knows the answer.

Here is a quote: "You can integrate our BMS with an existing CAN bus, but the bus speeds have to match. I think the Vectrix is 250kbps? (We would have to confirm. By default our devices use 125kbps, but can be supplied with different CAN speeds.)

R
R's picture
Re: Bus Can Speeds

You can integrate our BMS with an existing CAN bus, but the bus speeds have to match. I think the Vectrix is 250kbps? (We would have to confirm. By default our devices use 125kbps, but can be supplied with different CAN speeds.)

You may match speed, but who will provide you with correct firmware to run Zivan BMS under vectrix CAN language? The BMS will not talk with MC or Charger, it will be isolated from the Vectrix system. You'll need to configure that BMS with NON CAN charger firmware, add a 220V AC contactor protection in case of overcharging, and add a low voltage alarm to manually stop riding.

Consider buying a 2nd generation vectrix BMS, which will be fully integrated with the MC and BC. You can request custom firmware to vectrix to charge your cells correctly.

Meridiaan
Meridiaan's picture

Buying a 2nd generation Vectrix BMS is a nice suggestion, but what are the specs? where can i buy it? and can i buy it now? what are the costs?

R
R's picture

Buying a 2nd generation Vectrix BMS is a nice suggestion, but what are the specs? where can i buy it? and can i buy it now? what are the costs?

You Will be able to buy it soon to Vectrix parts. It is under beta testing.
Ask them about specs, firmware customization to match your cells, and when it will be available to general public.
About price, old BMS system is sold at 550 Euros, I guess the price will be similar.
The old BMS system:
http://www.shop.vectrixparts.com/vx1-bms-board.html
Pictures of the New BMS system:
BMS second Gen_0.jpg

BMS in.jpg

Meridiaan
Meridiaan's picture

You Will be able to buy it soon to Vectrix parts. It is under beta testing.
Ask them about specs, firmware customization to match your cells, and when it will be available to general public.
About price, old BMS system is sold at 550 Euros, I guess the price will be similar.

Thanks R. I will contact Vectrix parts. Maybe they will give me a discount because i have already a simular BMS box. :0

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage