Day Running Light Out

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Riverfurm
Riverfurm's picture
Day Running Light Out

Well I have been getting my seven Vectrixs running one at at time . The VX-2s (I have two of them) just needed the stock charger plugged in and they came back to life. Two of the VX-1 have charger issues. One came back to life after getting the voltage up to 102 volts. The charger (Silver) work for one charged and died. The other had the Gold Runke and did not work at all. Might be a firmware issue. Got another one charged to 102 volts and the on board charger took over. Works great. Same with the third one. But a few days latter I got a flashing parking/position lamp indicator on the IP cluster. Check it out and the day running light is out. Swapped it with another scooter still out. It appears I have no current going to the day running light. Check the wiring and connector for damage and found none.

Any ideal what it could be and what I should look for? Did I some how shut it off? Was working fine in till I cleaned buffed and waxed the scooter.

Thanks for the help.

Riverfurm
Riverfurm's picture
Re: Day Running Light Out

I found at the connector for the light my volt meter is reading anywhere from 10-11 volts. But when switching to amps I have no current. Check the other VX-1 and it has .385 amps of flow. Does the light get its current from the ICM or does it get it from the motor controler small 5 amp fuses. Could use a good schematic now.
Thanks

Riverfurm
Washington Crossing Pa.
Along the Delaware River

Bikemad
Bikemad's picture

The front position lamp and the rear license plate lamp are wired in series, so the problem may be with the license plate lamp.

The current is supplied from pin 56 in the ICM and goes straight to the rear license plate lamp and then on to the front position lamp before returning to pin 55 on the ICM:
//i.imgur.com/3vBr7qK.gif)

I eventually managed to upload a picture which should make more sense.

Alan

Riverfurm
Riverfurm's picture

Thank you very much for the explanation and schematic. I will check the license plate light. Could be something as simple as a connector not plugged in. This site is a wealth of information. Thanks again.

Riverfurm
Washington Crossing Pa.
Along the Delaware River

Riverfurm
Riverfurm's picture

It was the licence plate light. Replaced the LED and now no more flashing running light on dash. Thanks

Riverfurm
Washington Crossing Pa.
Along the Delaware River

R
R's picture

You replaced the internal led of the light, or the entire light? Do you have pictures?

Riverfurm
Riverfurm's picture

I replaced just the led not the whole assembly. It work for awhile but blow out. Must not be the right spec. Going to order the complete led light. No pictures.

Riverfurm
Washington Crossing Pa.
Along the Delaware River

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage