What's wrong with this board?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
israndy
israndy's picture
What's wrong with this board?

I have not seen a post here in a long while and now every day there is a long error block at the top. Is someone still running this show?

I know I am a little wrapped up in playing with my new Model 3 so I will probably not be doing much Vectrix'ng for a while, but that doesn't mean I don't check in here daily. Surely others are still having good luck with their bikes and upgrading them to Leaf batteries. In fact, if anyone has access to enough cells to do a Vectrix I am still interested, after I fix my motor controller.

-Randy

Webmaster
Webmaster's picture
Re: What's wrong with this board?

Yes I'm still here.

I'm still running things.

I don't know what happened to cause that long error block.

You might post something about the Model 3? I'm sure many of us would like to know what it's about. I have a 1st-day-deposit but cannot afford the model they're offering now and can only wait until they start selling the promised affordable model.

- David Herron, http://longtailpipe.com/

Webmaster
Webmaster's picture

I have fixed some of the errors.

Webmaster
Webmaster's picture

The core issue is that this site is still on Drupal 6 and I haven't been able to make the time to upgrade to Drupal 7 or Drupal 8.

Webmaster
Webmaster's picture

I think the cause is that Dreamhost updated the PHP version being used to one that isn't compatible with the Drupal running this site.

Webmaster
Webmaster's picture

I thought things over and realized what's needed is to simply upgrade to Drupal 7. I eliminated a few of those error messages but it created other problems and obviously what was needed is to move forward.

I'd been waiting so it would work to upgrade directly to Drupal 8, but it's not possible to do so.

israndy
israndy's picture

Thanks for the info. It's not totally relevant to this board, but yes, I did get one of the expensive Model 3's. I still really wanna get my second Vectrix working, but I fear the Tesla will take all my attention. It doesn't require any, it just works, but I am learning about places to charge at high speed (470 mi/hr at a supercharger) and finding all the rebates and tax benefits offered. Installing chargers at home and cabin too. After a month they say it's ok to take the soft paint car to the car wash, so I will likely start the road trips after that point. I already have a few paint chips.

I waited in line overnight and was the first group to make a reservation at the Tesla store here in the bay area on the 31st of March '16. Thus when they started making the cars available to non-Tesla Owners I was in that group. Several people have decided to wait for other options, but to me, it's just like buying a new phone. There is no good time to buy if you wait for more options. There will ALWAYS be more options coming. Just buy the one they just released before much time has passed so that for a short time you have the latest and greatest.

The car is expensive now, there is no $35,000 car available, but for me, there wasn't ever going to be. That's the base car, no traffic aware cruise control, no power seats, only 200 miles of range, no glass roof over the driver. I wanted all those things. The main reason I wanted a Tesla is to be another set of eyes on the road. That means it was going to be at LEAST a $40,000 car. The high capacity battery sounds expensive at $9000, but it is BY FAR the cheapest Tesla has EVER charged for the additional 100 miles range. I don't need it but it means that I can drive to the cabin and BACK w/o stopping. If I leave my house keys at the cabin this may be a trip I need to make w/o stopping to charge.

So I bought now and it ate all the profit I made on Tesla stock, but I didn't sell, so there is time for the stock to rise. I also got OptiCoat and glass and interior protection and put film on the bumpers. Hopefully, this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship. The car makes me really happy. I had to take a country road home when there was an accident going over the Santa Cruz pass on 17. The car held the road like it was glued. It's a freakin' dream to drive.

Oh, and now I have a digital license plate

IMG_6451.JPG.

-Randy

BLUESTREAK

Very nice car RANDY.

Aircon

What's a digital number plate??

israndy
israndy's picture

It's a beta program, they are learning where to wire in the plate and didn't have a Model 3 in their program, so I volunteered. It's a set it and forget it plate for registration updates, no stickers to apply. Lots of other features...

Check it out:

https://vimeo.com/250938577

-Randy

Bikemad
Bikemad's picture

It's a set it and forget it plate for registration updates, no stickers to apply. Lots of other features...

Does it have an option to display a random registration number when you are going too fast through speed cameras?

This function could be very handy if you're in a hurry to get somewhere and don't want the added expense of a speeding fine.

But keeping on topic, it's good to see the errors on this board have now been fixed.

Alan

Aircon

It's a beta program, they are learning where to wire in the plate and didn't have a Model 3 in their program, so I volunteered. It's a set it and forget it plate for registration updates, no stickers to apply. Lots of other features...

Check it out:

https://vimeo.com/250938577

-Randy

That looks very cool!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation