Kollmorgen 400 watt control help

1 post / 0 new
Corwin
Kollmorgen 400 watt control help

Hi. I've been lurking around for a while gathering info on different systems, and decided to join the forums - the V forums are by far the most informative I've ever found for data on electric motors and drivetrains.
Anyway, I need some help. I recently ordered two of the infamous Kollmorgen 400 watt scooter motors off Ebay (supposed to arrive on tuesday) to use in a robotics/rc project, partly as a way of getting the hang of building these things (someday I aspire to building an electric trike or motorcycle, but that's a long ways off). Anyway, I've been trying to find out as much as I can about controlling it with the built in motor controller. I understand the usual reverse method is to swap around two phases of the drive and hall effect sensor wires, but at least one person ( http://visforvoltage.org/forum-topic/98-hi-koll-400w-24v-motors-uspd-lashout-custom-systems#comment-19983 ) has gotten to the motor controller IC's reverse pin, which looks like the better option for robotics (vs rewiring the swapping wires with relays or FETs). If anyone has more info on that, I'd appreciate it.
I also need any information anyone has on the speed control input of the motor so I can figure out how best to interface it with the uC (planning on using an Arduino board at the moment - arduino.cc). One problem I've been having is that 5k ohm digital potentiometers are basically impossible to find in non-SMT package, so I'm trying to come up with a workaround, and any and all info would be appreciated - ie voltage on the control pin, what the controller board is actually doing with the voltage, etc. Thanks for your help.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage