xm-3000 news & info

52 posts / 0 new
Last post
sparc5
sparc5's picture
XM-3000

The diagnosis light stays on mine too, not sure it's ambient light from below the dash illuminating the led.

Tonight I rode the bike to C/50. Measured the battery voltages with a multimeter. Found the disparity between batteries to be as great as ~300mv. I'm worried this will cause an overcharging condition when string charging tonight. I really need to build my bank charger.

XM-3000...
-DC-DC converter replaced with a Dell D220P-01 power supply.
-72V mod
-Expensive bank charger until I come up with something better... Still trying.
-

jbird
Re: xm-3000 news & info

Can you comment on the specifications of the DC-DC converter for the XM-3000? The information is usually printed on the bottom of the unit. Sometimes the units are held down by double-sided foam tape (similar to what APC does with battery packs for their larger UPS units.) I am curious because a lot of DC-DC converters are rated betwen 30 and 60 volts and up to only about 10 amps (high beams on, turn signal on, and braking simultaneously.)

mrladderman
mrladderman's picture

i called x-treme today. so i could find out whats up with the title- and i guess it is our JOB to call them and get the paperwork started so they can mail it out to us? i dont understand why this is. but if i get it this week that will be great.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

the first day i put 38 miles on the bike. and had at least 25% left on high speed mode. or in low speed(25)mph 75% left in the battery meter. it depends on how you ride it- the faster you go, the less distance you get- so i will be up to the rider on how far he/she will get. yes 50 miles on a charge can be done without a problem, but you will have to go slower to get that, like 50% at 25 mph or so.. a 3000W motor, 60v (5 x 12V) Greensaver SP27-12 is the battery.

Hi mrladderman -

A word of caution - I don't recommend putting more than 20 "real world" miles per charge on the batteries. By "real world" I mean ride it however you want without regard for efficiency. At 20 miles the "battery meter" won't be in the red, nor will the bike be cutting out. However, if you discharge the battery further then you will shorten the life of the batteries. Search for usatracy's posts on this forum for a more detailed description.

Like you, I did 30+ miles on my batteries and rode it down to cut out a couple of times (and even limped home in that mode on one occasion). As a result I replaced the batteries on my XM-2000 at around 1200 kilometers...

BTW, I got my XM-3000 today and will be doing a more detailed review soon.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

im just hoping to find a dealer somewhere close to windsor, ontario canada

Hi wolf,

I'm in Ann Arbor - 30 miles west of Detroit. I should be getting my XM-3500Li at the end of this month. You're welcome to come see it. If you decide you want to buy then, quite frankly I'm not sure how to proceed with selling it to a "foreigner" - but we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

All the best.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

hey thanks id be very happy to come over and see you guys when you get one...as to bring it into canada a dealer who sells ebikes says just to buy it and bring it in should be no problem, they just are not allowed to sell them here, politics...its a stupid game no one wins..

rydnseek
rydnseek's picture

mine came yesterday! I spent most of the day going over it.. it has a few shipping issues, & maybe some other things. Here's what came out of the box:
scooter70806e.jpg

Not real serious damage.. the steel shipping frame was bent pretty bad in one spot.. maybe they dropped it or it was run into by a fork lift..

I've contacted extreme & don't expect any problems.

Here it is out of the box.
scooter70810e.jpg

I took it out for a spin after charging it up.. I like it!! It's peppy, has plenty of power.. my wife rode on it with me, too.

I'll probably post a running report of the scoot on the ev blog.

scotty

scotty, Sedona, Az
xm-3000 60v, 38ah silicones, since 7/08
quazar 48v, 12x12ah, since '05
5- vector 2/6/10 bank chargers

mrladderman
mrladderman's picture

well i got the front-end off the bike, so i could look at the head light bulbs. they are only 25watt bulbs. anyone know where i can get a 35 watt bulb that will fit. thanks (new guy on the block)---for my xm-3000

sparc5
sparc5's picture

Went on a 23.5 mile trip today. It was the first serious trip I've ever taken on it. Left the house at 6AM, batteries fully charged. Kept up with traffic half the way, full acceleration, 35mph speeds. The batteries could take 14 miles of that sort of thing, then had to limp home doing 12mph for the last 9.5 miles, anything faster and the bike would stop all together.

I had my girlfriend on the bike the two of us combined weigh 275lbs (I pray she doesn't read this). It was a sight to see. Two grown adults, rolling down the streets at a whopping 12mph, complete with full face helmets!!! We both felt so ridiculous wearing them.

At a stop sign a car was waiting for us to cross. We accelerated at a crawl! By the time we got to my street I could only maintain 10mph without it cutting out.

To get 40 miles range at city street speeds, you really need a 60AHr pack and/or a lot less weight.

XM-3000...
-72V mod
-

rydnseek
rydnseek's picture

thanks for the report, sparky. I suspected a 20 mile ride at full speed would be pushing it.. and especially riding 2 up! I've only done about 9-10 miles with my wife on the back, & at low speed. I had plenty of power to climb the hills to get back home. But it is good to know the limits.. maybe 15 miles max one way, & try to keep the speeds low.. then a recharge. Probably 12 miles one way would be better for batteries. This is still a useful distance, imo, & gives it a lot of applications.

My wife & i total to about 285, so we're pushing the max payload, too!

scotty, Sedona, Az
xm-3000 60v, 38ah silicones, since 7/08
quazar 48v, 12x12ah, since '05
5- vector 2/6/10 bank chargers

mrladderman
mrladderman's picture

well i have 1000 km on my xm3k now- plus i put a windshield on. wow what a big difference its is with no wind on you when you ride. its well worth the money for it. !! IMHO.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Congrats ladderman! What model screen did you buy and where did you buy it from?

BTW, how far is your daily commute?

mrladderman
mrladderman's picture

https://www.powersportsuperstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR55-9097 it came with the wrong size hardware - so i had to drill and tap to make it the right size.

8 miles to work- so 16 miles both ways. i use it as much as i can, dont care if i need to drive 25mph- to get where i am going, so i have power left to get home. if i am going like on a 30 mile round trip.

going to work and back its fine 40 mph+ going both ways. dont charge it at work. do not want to up set anyone.

mrladderman
mrladderman's picture
first real problem

well i got home after a long ride. and i did not have turn signals.
so i put the kick stand down got off the bike, and bumped the throttle. and the bike moved!!
then i see i have no lights at all- no horn. nothing at all, but the bike sure will still drive.

check fuses- they are good.

unplug and plug back in the dc-dc converter. and everything words great now!!

also picked up this helmet today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Af9pISZ0X8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJKA_PRR8GE&feature=related

Mountain chen
Re: first real problem

Since XM-3000 does not have BMS,we recommend protection for GreenSaver battery for XM-3000 by BattEQ from ERider with special low price.

http://www.voltsrider.net/vr/forum_posts.asp?TID=201

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Since XM-3000 does not have BMS,we recommend protection for GreenSaver battery for XM-3000 by BattEQ from ERider with special low price.

http://www.voltsrider.net/vr/forum_posts.asp?TID=201

So, Mountain, you're telling us that ERider, your company, is officially partnering with Nova Scooters, Ingram's company?

That's an interesting turn of events.

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

Hmmm...

I've no issues here. ;)

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

Zapdos

1000 Kilometer mark. I'm a little behind others in reaching this but the scooters held together so far. I can't drive it to work on days I have to pick up kids and that's most days. A few quirky things from time to time but at this point it's starting to pay for itself in gas savings. It's getting cold here though so I'm not riding that often and would like to get a windshield like Ladderman put in. Got a little wet yseterday riding home and the lights stopped working on the way. Once it dried out they worked fine again. Not sure what's up with that... May have to check out those fuse holders again. Got my replacement charger from Xtreme last week. I spoke with a local police officer last month and he seemed to agree that this doesn't have to be registered here in WA. It can qualify as a motorized foot scooter with the governor on. Anyway I haven't licensed it though I did get a motorcycle learners endorsement on my driver's license.

sparc5
sparc5's picture

XM called me the other day. I wasn't there to take the call, but the message they left was don't toggle the high/low power switch while accelerating. It extends the life of ??

Anyone else get that phone call?

XM-3000...
-72V mod
-

mrladderman
mrladderman's picture

yes, they called me too- cause if you play with the switch while you are moving- you can damage the hall sensors.

zarlor

yes, they called me too- cause if you play with the switch while you are moving- you can damage the hall sensors.

I have a 3500, but didn't get any such call. Maybe that problem is fixed on the 3500? I'll probably stick with that advice anyway, just in case. I'm wondering, though, what would be the symptoms of a bad hall sensor?

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002