New ebike electro-wheels maestro

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
jfreeman420
New ebike electro-wheels maestro

I have been a proud owner of a liberty town and country 643 which is similiar to the xb 600 for well over a year now. I am at the point where I need new batteries. I was planning to do a 60v upgrade which with batteries, charger, and mods will run me around $500 to $600. I noticed an electric bicycle store opened up in FT Lauderdale about 2 miles from my house. I stopped in on Friday and the owner actually let me test ride this bike: http://www.epeddleronline.com/servlet/the-30/vespa-electric-scooter-dui/Detail electro-wheels maestro.
The price in the store is $1,999.00 and I think there is some possibility to talk him down some. The bike is the most solid I have ever ridden. I didn't feel a single bump. It is smooth as silk and very heavy. I was skeptical at first of the 500w motor but apparently it has 3 stage gearing making more torque and better acceleration. It also has 28AH batteries so the range is very good.

I need some opinions from the experts here. Can this bike be purchased elsewhere for less money? Does anyone have experience with this brand? Are they reliable? The speedometer said I was doing 25 mph. Does anyone know if this would be possible or is the speedo overly optimistic? Is this bike worth the money considering the dealer is local? My other option is to get the xb 700li but I am kind of hesitant because for the price that bike looks to be assembled the same way as the xb600/liberty. The difference in ride quality is night and day and with the 700li I don't think there is any way to modify for a faster bike.

dogman
dogman's picture
Re: New ebike electro-wheels maestro

The link I see shows no gears, but three phase motor, is a regular brushless motor with three wires for power.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

jfreeman420
Re: New ebike electro-wheels maestro

What is the benefit of a three phase motor? What exactly does it do?

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage